how often do you wear socks?

I don’t wear socks very much, which may have contributed to the infected toe I got the other week. I resolved to wear them more after that, but here I am, sockless again! What am I like indeed.

Woah this is my size range.

How do you find shoe buying? It’s the bane of my life

Update: had a shower; time for fresh eveningwear

7 Likes

I have terrible circulation, so my feet are ALWAYS cold. They’re cold now and I have three pairs on. Admittedly, they’re all thin trainer socks, but still.

But yeah, unless it’s really hot, i’m always in them.

A nightmare! Online is good but I have to check their size guides with a tape measure to my feet to make sure what I’m getting.
Buying “women’s” shoes is a terrible experience (why shoes are still gendered in this day and age is baffling anyway)- if I want nice heels then new look is the only place on the high street that cater to my trotters. They’re also wide as well, to add insult to injury. Tbf day to day I mostly wear “men’s” converse or Adidas so that’s easy.
How tall are you? If you don’t mind me asking. I’m about 5”11 so I guess relatively proportionate

2 Likes

Love this, big fan

2 Likes

Today’s choice (feat. cheeky glimpse of shin)

9 Likes

I have these exact socks.

1 Like

I was just wondering, who is the most reasonable person that you guys know?

3 Likes

Mods the thread has been derailed

3 Likes

Froglet

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s very valuable input, thank you

Oh i didn’t realise this was the side question. Please disregard my answer, it doesn’t belong here

1 Like

Oh no!

They’re from an M&S multipack my mum bought me for Christmas (2021). Nice to know there are more out there.

1 Like

5’11" gang! :call_me_hand:

Yeah weirdly for me I find buying heels really easy, I’ve got a couple of pairs from New Look, but because I’m a big goth I’ve got quite a few from Killstar and Demonia (they’re both vegan and accommodating for all feet dimension so maybe worth a look if you want some massive platforms with all moons and pentagrams on them).

Just daily casual shoes are the most difficult. I’ve been on the hunt for a nice pair of calf or knee high flat boots for years but got nada. Sending a pair back to Office this evening because their largest size is an 8 and just didn’t fit. Really want some Koi trainers but they don’t go big enough either, the hurt is real. Same as you I just have to live in trainers, or DM boots in the cold months.

We should rise up for size 9 rights

1 Like

You’re out of control

Omg amazing, I absolutely do now! :smiley:

Yeah it’s such a struggle, I feel ya <//3

Weirdly I got a pair of knee high fake suede boots from Tu in Sainsbury’s of all places a few years ago, they have a heel but for some reason I fitted into an 8?!

M&S seem to be alright too, I have a couple of pairs of ankle boots from there. Spenny though.

Sigh :crying_cat_face:

1 Like

My feet are normal length and width but very flat/shallow, which is a total nightmare. Nowhere makes shoes with depth options so it’s literally impossible to get shoes that fit properly. I can’t wear heels (not that I’d want to) because my feet slide down them and end up crumpled up at the toe. Lots of types of shoe just fall right off. People always suggest wearing insoles (because they forget that I have toes), as though I couldn’t have thought of that myself.

1 Like

Oh nooo :frowning: that’s really rubbish, I’m sorry to hear that.

I’m not sure what to suggest, especially as I’m sure you’ve thought of everything haha

1 Like