How physically flexible are you?

Used to be quite flexible, could get my feet up to my mouth (one at a time obviously). Increasingly a bit more stiff and occasionally painful these days (I feel like these things are connected)

Thinking of starting to do a bit of yoga or some shit

My friend is a yoga instructor and says that even now when someone rips a huge fart she says “that’s fine, it’s perfectly natural” then excuses herself to leave the room and laugh her head off in the corridor.

1 Like

Are you trying to put together some sort of cat-burglar team for an upcoming criminal escapade?

1 Like

It’s a loud noise and a bad smell that comes out of your bum ffs! It’s the highest form of humour.

1 Like

How do you get your forearms on to the floor?

Like, are your legs really short in comparison to your torso and upper arms?

So you can basically touch your toes with your elbows? With straight legs?

Incredible.

RIP ticklenipple

1 Like

My yoga instructor carries a patchouli type room spray that she wafts around before the class, and sometimes during. :sob:

I always feel sorry for the poor person whose guffing prompts a spritz of the spray.

1 Like

Quite unstretchy tbh. Got told I could either have an opp on ligiments to make me a bit more stretchy and bendy or shit tonnes of physio.

Reader, I chose neither.

I can touch my toes.

Touching my toes without squeaking one out’s another matter entirely.

i’m reasonably flexible overall i think, but some bits of me are quite flexible and others aren’t that flexible. would like my hamstrings to be a bit better, and when i put my arms over my head i’d like to be able to get them to go back a bit further. not sure if i can still get my legs behind my head, but if not i could get pretty close. i want to be able to do the splits but my hamstrings are preventing me

Really inflexible. Even when I was really physically fit, I struggled with things like rock climbing and would injure my ankles and knees playing basketball regularly.

Obviously a lead pipe now I’m a fat man.

Crazy flexible for a 6ft 85+ kg dude. Pretty much entirely down to jiu-jitsu.

Still make a pained noise standing up, bending, or lifting stuff though

1 Like

I have no flexibility whatsoever except when I’m being a perv.

When I took up yoga last year I was pleased to find I was pretty flexible really - and got better the more I did

I’ve not been since the start of he summer though - I need to find a new class.

I used to be pretty flexible but age+surgery has ruined that.

Basically at raw spaghetti. Can probably get my ankles to my ears if the situation is right though.

Thursday

I did a yoga class recently and discovered my hamstrings are basically raw spaghetti, whereas my hips are over cooked spaghetti to extent where the instructor called me ‘Mr. Snake Hips’ afterwards

My legs are fairly flexible but in all the wrong ways. My hips are so tight that my knees are pretty high off the ground when I sit cross-legged but I can walk on my knees with my feet out at right angles to my body.