How quickly could you be at least waist deep in water from NOW!

Got to be standing. If so then it is fine.

Personally, with the distance I would have to cover, walking would be faster because I am very unfit and cannot run for long without requiring a break.

No probs - just glad you thought it through.

1 Like

It’s a 14 minute walk to the duckpond in the park, so I reckon running I could do it in 10 (yeah, I’m out of shape, whatever). The river’s cleaner, but that’s further away and the bit nearest me is quite shallow, so duck shit it is.

drive to the canal / river - equidistant from me I’d say, maybe 4 minutes depending on traffic

swimimng pool closer more like 3 minutes drive but I’d have to break through reception which might take time

running bath takes ages, so that’s out

Two and a half minutes at most, m9. Run down the stairs, through the turnstiles, across the road into Holyrood Park, and I’ll be wading about with Her Majesty’s swans trying to break a man’s arm.

Out of the office in 1 minute, into the weird pond/lake thing that have in our office park in another 20 seconds. I’d welcome it as it’s boiling here today

However long it takes to vault a bamboo cocktail bar. Let’s say 2 seconds.

There is one of those lost London rivers flowing underground about 3 minutes from my office. I could run there in 3 minutes, lift up the drain cover and jump in. Whether it would be waist deep, I do not know.