How’s your posture?

Mine is awful. Think I have an anterior pelvic tilt. Trying to sort it but I forget and end up slumped and hunched again.

Tell me about yours.

Historically dreadful. But I’m working on it. I feel really odd when I’m being straight upward, though, so it’s hard to maintain.

3 Likes

So terrible now I’m working from home, just been working from the dining room table. Actually feel like I’ve got a trapped nerve in my neck because of it. Started stretching again now so hopefully get it back to what it was

I’ve spent over a year working chiefly from my bed. My posture is a fucking disaster.

1 Like

I also have the pelvic tilt thing

posture is better than it used to be, but damn, I wish slouching wasn’t so appealing

1 Like

I also have pelvic tilt thing and an S shaped spine, I basically look like this

6 Likes

Quite good. Used to get a knuckle between the shoulder blades if we slouched as kids so now have quite good bearing.

I have scoliosis and kyphosis, as well as recurring sciatica, so not good.

2 plus years of Pilates to help with back pain and posture and still have this issue.

1 Like

well shit. think i’ve improved it a bit since having babby, coz i pulled a muscle in my back when he was about 2 months or something and realised it was from picking him up and putting him down and carrying him around and not standing straight and not lifting properly. serious business

S ← Like that

And got sciatica too.

Yoga helps but i only be arsed to do it a couple of tines a week.

Oh shrewbie already took the S, mines like a backwards C then.

dunno, how can you tell?

2 Likes

12 Likes

Shite - chronic lower back pain which can be weapons-grade unpleasant. Better than it used to be since I started doing physio and yoga, but part of my thinks my skeleton is just a bit of an odd shape.

Shite

Terrible in a word.

I have flat feet which went uncorrected/untreated for years (my own, stubborn fault) - I now wear insoles and a hypermobile knee which in combination has caused bursitis in my right hip and all this has thrown my posture all off…

live feed of me sat at my computer

2 Likes

like this post if seeing this thread made you sit up properly

3 Likes