How sensitive are you to caffeine?

Yesss yeeeesssssss

1 Like

What do you need when you fall asleep at your desk? More coffee of course.

Big fan of Club Mate too. Gets me through some of those 7.20am lesson starts in Germany.

5 Likes

thatā€™s very early. Preferable to start at nein I imagine.

1 Like

Quite like a coffee about 10pm before bed, doesnā€™t seem to have an impact.

Oof.

7 Likes

On normal days Iā€™ll have a strong black coffee first thing and another just after lunch, gets me through the day nicely.

However if Iā€™ve had a bad nightā€™s sleep or Iā€™ve got a hangover I canā€™t touch the stuff as my anxiety will be sky-high and Itā€™ll make me want to vomit and cry.

Club Mate and vodka, thatā€™s a one way ticket to chaos

Remember the club mate and jƤger combo power lunches used to offer?

1 Like

absolute headache fuel

Was in Caffe Nero once in Manchester and someone ordered a quadruple espresso. Was it you? :grin:

Have 1 (proper) coffee a day like double machiatto or 2 instants. Then only tea or I wonā€™t sleep.

ā€œAverageā€ is top. Lovely polling.

3 Likes

Was so confused for a second, thought you two were putting booze in milk/creamer/whatever it is
Then realised thatā€™s coffee mate, not club mate

2 Likes

caffeine helps wake me up in the morning but i donā€™t think itā€™s ever kept me awake at night. but iā€™m a night owl anyway so itā€™s hard to tell.

1 Like

would not rule it out on a rough day tbf

1 Like

You know when youā€™ve had too much caffeine or had some too late when youā€™re fucking obsessed with looking at inane shite on your phone instead of trying to sleep

just makes me need to piss. nothing else.

pretty much makes me act like Iā€™ve had a load of ecstasy but with no nice bits. Also very sensitive to alcohol and aforementioned ecstasy too (and air freshener?) but all this only happened in the last 8 years or so. Guess Iā€™ve developed some chemical hypersensitivity or something :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

The 8 cups of sludge like instant coffee my dad drank a day featured coffee mate. Maybe it neutralises the caffeine.

1 Like

I used to drink a fair amount of coffee, but after having numerous panic attacks in the last few years and not really knowing the causes, I assessed a few things and I can definitely say that caffeine does bad things to my body. Lack of sleep, uneven sleep, and the fact I have to take two types of medicine to help me sleep also doesnā€™t gel with caffeine so itā€™s probably a good thing Iā€™ve completely removed it from my lifestyle.

Really miss going into a cafe, ordering a large black coffee and reading a book. Itā€™s just not the same with a juice or smoothie. In Starbucks or Costa, I could spend a good hour or so doing that, but with other options Iā€™ve usually inadvertently finished them after about 10 minutes.

1 Like