How smart is your home?

In the year of our lord 2020?

Oui mate, Lamacq.

I don’t think it’s that smart. Think the limits of its smartness is that you can connect it to an app if it breaks and the app will tell you what’s wrong with it.

How smart does a house need to be?

Got a smart scale so the FBI know how much weight I’m gaining during lockdown.
That’s about it.

1 Like

Forever 1995 in that man’s brain.

1 Like

1 smart telly (good)
1 smart telly (bad)
1 smart speaker (fine)
2 smart phones (good I guess)

Not very smart. Thought about getting a smart thermostat and smart lighting but CBA.

1 Bose Bluethooth speaker
1 smart energy meter that I haven’t used

Nowt else, unless we’re counting phones, tablets ect…

1x Alexa (really like it, been listening to a lot more music together, almost definitely recording us for the FBI)

That’s it.

2 Likes

Smart TVs with Chromecast
ChromeAudio on HiFi
A couple of Alexas
A Ring doorbell

smart casual

4 Likes

Two smart lightbulbs (great)
Two Sonos (fine/10, expected better sound quality because I’m a mug)
One Google Nest thing or whatever it’s called because it was free. 'er indoors uses it to listen to podcasts in the bath and that’s literally it
One smart TV but the smart functions are so shite that I got a Roku stick to use instead

Jeans and shoes

i have a google home mini which i sometimes use to listen to british radio

we have a Google thing that can make music happen in on the stereo, or TV happen on the TV if a man asks it, or if anyone uses the app.

How smart is your home?
Is your home, how smart is your home?
I really need to know
'Cause we’re living in a world of homes
That think for themselves
When they should just let us be.
I’m afraid of IoT
Ba-da-ba-baa-ba.

3 Likes

I have one little google thing (nest mini?) next to my bed which I use for listening to podcasts or non-radio things. Quite like it and don’t ever speak to it. It did start banging on about something today while I was in the middle of an interview and I couldn’t get it to shut up.

Also have a smart speaker in my kitchen which is also pretty great from an aesthetic perspective as it replaced a massive amp + speakers setup we had previously. Feel very uncomfortable talking to it so mainly just stream to it now.

Don’t have any of that stuff. Not for me.

If you don’t get a smart bulb you’ll regret it :boxing_glove:

Are you in the pocket of big bulb? Are you threatening me you bulb shill?!?@?@?