How stable is your mood generally?

Just interested in how other people’s brains work really.

I seem to often have flashes of contentment and happiness, like for 5 - 10 minutes I’ll feel really pleased with myself and want to do a little dance or something then it goes away again. Doesn’t seem to be caused by anything that I am aware of

Yeah I get this too

Also the opposite

1 Like

Pretty stable. Good old flattened affect.

3 Likes

Also I get this quite specific thing where if I think of something I have said or done that somebody else has complimented me on I get a tingling shock in my left arm. Like it’s a manifestation of feeling proud or something

Pretty much like a flat line 24/7. Never angry, never happy, never up, never down.

2 Likes

that would be my ideal way to live

Yeah most of the time my mood is consistently average, unless I’m going through a period of anxiety

Varies between blindly happy and content or wildly low, not much in between. At the moment it’s the latter.

1 Like

sorry to hear you are struggling

1 Like

Thanks Bam, I’ll be ok just gotta ride it out.

1 Like

would definitely trade all future happiness in exchange for inoculating me from anxiety and sadness

1 Like

I’m permanently anxious.

Steady old Eddie…

(or like the Hulk in the Avengers)

Oh yeah there’s more or less a constant mild anxiety level but will sometimes get pointlessly worried about something relentlessly for long periods of time

Very stable unless very stressed at work or being purposefully wound up by the boy.

3 Likes

sometimes get really bouncy and happy but not for any reason just like i walked up the stairs well and suddenly i’m happy

3 Likes

Pretty much in one mood all of the time which is basically mellow-yet-upbeat, do often get told I’m aloof, difficult to get close to, hard to read, etc. I think I’m an outgoing introvert and some people find that disarming.

Occasionally go through periods with a more noticable undercurrent of sadness which I think I’m in at the moment but there are both logical and seasonal reasons for this.

1 Like

sounds like a lovely way to be

1 Like

My sister would say it’s because I’m a Gemini which is both ludicrous and oddly comforting.

2 Likes

I tend to be very middling and nothingy but if something does knock me my low spells can last for longer than I’d like.

1 Like