🍴 How Tasty Is It Really 🍴 Episode 10: FRY UP 🍳

Good morning! Today we’ll be discussing the fry up, the full English/Scottish/Irish/Welsh, the cooked breakfast. Firstly, let’s see confirmation that sweets take up last place:

Food Score
Pizza 8.86
Chips 8.26
Roast Dinner 7.8
Chocolate 7.71
Ice Cream 7.43
Soup 6.56
Cake 6.54
Pasty 6.33
Sweets 5.97

And now, the fry up. Stick a number on it.

0 voters

Best bit

• Egg
  • Bacon
  • Sausage
  • Toast
  • Beans
  • Tomato
  • Mushrooms
  • Hash browns
  • Fried bread
  • Spinach
  • Other

0 voters

9/10, absolutely banger - only minus a point due to not being in the mood for them that often.

For some reason this does for me exactly what roasts must do for other people - the comfort, the huge portions, the anticipation. Not much is better than the gap between knowing you’re getting a fry up and it actually arriving. Maybe the fried and fat aspects are what elevates it for me over a roast, hmm.

I love all fryup components btw, all welcome on my plate - except weird shit like cauliflower cheese get that outta here

4 Likes

Fucking suberb innit. You can fuck right off with your tomato though.

Also, if I’m designing my perfect fry-up, I don’t think bacon makes an appearance.

3 Likes

Individual components are mostly great, all together it’s way too much and a stodgy mess that always leaves me feeling crap for hours afterwards.

After all the shit I’ve taken for my food opinions in these threads …

5 Likes

Also, never has there been a greater myth than “Hungover? Have a fry up, that’ll sort you right out!!!”

Load of bollocks.

2 Likes

I think bacon is exclusively for bacon sandwiches

I think bacon is highly overrated and also think this is nonsense. French Toast? Pancakes? Pasta dishes?

Really nice but generates way too much washing up for a morning. Also hard to get timings right, especially with lack of functioning kitchen equipment. No mushrooms or black pudding though, gross.

Oh yeah I’ve literally never made my own and not sure I plan to. Big fan of being served one up at someone else’s though!

Nah, you’re getting into weird sweet bacon territory there for the most part which I don’t fuck with.

I guess I miss being able to put pancetta in a spag bol but that is the only other time when bacon is needed IMO (apart from Bacon Sandwich)

Need to get me some of that vegan black pudding, see what that’s all about.

3 Likes

How the fuck are sweets at the bottom?

5 Likes

Always feel like it should include fried onion

2 Likes

For not being as good as other foods, specifically those listed above them in that list.

3 Likes

The one at Dishoom’s was ridiculous

Love a fry.

1 Like
1 Like

Soup FFS

2 Likes