Fry Up 8.05
Roast Dinner 7.8
Chocolate 7.71
Ice Cream 7.43
Soup 6.56
Cake 6.54
Pasty 6.33
Sweets 5.97

But forget that, today is all about burgers! What do we think of burgers then?

0 voters

Build yourself a burger

• Beef
  • Chicken
  • Veggie
  • Spicy bean
  • Other

0 voters

• Cheese
  • Bacon
  • Lettuce
  • Onions
  • Tomato
  • Onion rings
  • Fried egg
  • Pulled pork
  • Other

0 voters

• Ketchup
  • Mustard
  • Burger sauce
  • Relish
  • Mayo
  • Hot sauce
  • Big Mac sauce
  • Bbq sauce
  • Other

0 voters

Had to edit the burger bit sorry.

Had so many lacklustre veggie burgers that its hard for me to get excited about burgers. Though dont think ive ever had an awful one and think the few I had last year were pretty good, had a very nice katsu one in Sleazys.

8/10

Think I like all food as long as its spicy tbh

You can’t date β€œa burger”! Beef, chicken and bean are all completely different things.

While this is true, don’t be a snore Smee, just pick a number.

1 Like

few things are as disappointing as a really shit burger

doesn’t happen often but when it does… :sob:

overall, big fan of burgers

Had to vote 5. In principle burgers are great, but 8 out of 10 times I order a burger it makes me feel rubbish afterwards and I wondered why I did. Plus the potential for it to fall apart in your hands/not fit in your mouth. I’m disappointed it’s come to this, but I’ve been let down too many times before.

5 Likes

Few things are as simple and good as a properly cooked, properly seasoned burger. I’m constantly surprised at how good a really good burger is. 10 for me.

the most average thing going? you get amazing burgers but you also get terrible ones. most are just fine.

2 Likes

^what an opinion

3 Likes

Much as it pains me to do so (on principle), I’m going to have to side with the leafster on this one: 5/10

Much as I love a burger when I’m in the mood for one, they’re too inconsistent to merit a higher rating than that, and more likely to be a structurally unsound mess of flavours.

That said, you can get some cracking non-meat burgers now, which is good. The Byron Cali cheese vegan one is surprisingly excellent.

2 Likes

Not sure there’s another foodstuff with such a wide gulf in quality between the best and the worst. Not going to vote.

1 Like

These days people put too many things in burgers. In my day a cheeseburger was all you needed, nowadays people are popping avocado and shit in there. It’s all got out of hand and has affected my rating accordingly.

8 Likes

0/10

1 Like

beef most likely, but i’m a sucker for anything unusual. so if bison or buffalo or whatever is on there i’m going for it

The best burger is a cheeseburger with fried onions from a barbecue or van at a small community event or non-league football ground.

3 Likes

Would normally 100% agree with you here but I’ve been working my way through the available pretend meat burgers on offer around here and the Byron and Honest ones are a full tier above everything else, even the dedicated vegan burger places.

have you tried an impossible burger? pretty dece