🍴 How Tasty Is It Really 🍴 Episode 11: BURGER 🍔

Most of them are average or contain condiments/onions making them impenetrable (I like onions but they absolutely overwhelm a burger), but there are two sources of burgers that are in my top 10 foodstuffs of all time*, and as such I have to score them highly.

*Patty and Bun, Paul’s burger van that used to serve burgers at the Longmead (he was a true master of the craft)

1 Like

I have not

Feels like we as a society have just about moved past burgers that are essentially vertical kebabs, where there’s a stick holding it together and there are onion rings and sausages and a birthday cake or something on top of the actual burger.

5 Likes

Indisputable evidence here.

3 Likes

Still is.

Bun
Patties
Cheese
Lettuce
Onions
+relish whatever

Nothing better. Don’t even like bacon in them these days.

Paul’s burger van got stolen a year ago. I’ve never been as angry at anything as the thought of a craftsman being deprived of his tools.

(No seriously they were literally incredible, good customer service too)

2 Likes

Also, can we all agree that brioche can fuck off?

5 Likes

Will never go to Byron again for ethical reasons but it’s nice that more effort is being made to make vegan burgers more than just a portobello mushroom in a bun. That said I recently had a vegan burger that was just really tightly compacted nuts. It was not good.

Gone with a 6. Too many pitfalls:

• overfilled so it’s impossible to eat;
  • use of rind-on bacon as a topping (further adding to the impracticality);
  • almost always served on a chopping board or slab of wood;
  • I’m more likely to feel bloated and shitty after a pub burger than after a fry-up.
2 Likes

A burger but the bun is 2 Yorkshire puddings

• Yes, yes, and thrice yes
  • Intriguing concept but I’m unsure
  • Please stop going on about this disgusting filth

0 voters

what’s the point of lettuce really? get it in the bin

3 Likes

Soaks up juice, adds crunch. Worth it.

If there’s a slab of beef tomato in there on the other hand that’s coming straight out.

3 Likes

Why is this? I can’t work it out.

Actually think that a McD’s 1/4lb-er is the best value for money of all the burger chains.

It’s probably the condensed meat (I get a similar thing with lasagne from time to time) plus double carbs.

So happy that you can get these lads in Tesco now.

Means I can still genuinely enjoy burgers whilst no longer being on meatbook.

4 Likes

Also, whacking some kimchi on there elevates it to an 11/10 food of the gods.

Vegan burgers that actually “bleed”

• Good idea
  • Why would you want that you fucking weirdo

0 voters

Full respect to Linda to paving the way but these are in a different league.

1 Like

The LM meatballs are nice but leave the weirdest texture in your mouth, like you’ve just eaten a Christmas pudding.

1 Like