🍴 How Tasty Is It Really 🍴 Episode 2: SOUP 🥣

Hello there! Time to dive straight back in to another poll and exciting debate!
After a large amount of votes and a long ol’ thread, pizza ends up on 8.86 as the first leaderboard entry.

Today we’ll be deciding; how tasty is soup, really?

0 voters

GO!

If you told me I’d never eat soup for the rest of my life, I’d be absolutely fine with it.

6 Likes

Tomato soup when I’m ill :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Couldn’t give a shit the rest of the time

Actually oxtail is nice on occasion

4/10

1 Like

It’s fine isn’t it, soup. Quite nice if you’re ill or on a cold day for lunch but nobody ever said “my favourite food? Oh definitely soup!”

2 Likes

Yeah, first two spoonfuls are always “huh, this is good, why don’t I have soup more often” and then by spoonful four you remember why.

5 Likes

Also, soup is not dinner/tea. Lunch, yes, with bread or a sandwich or something. Starter? Of course, soup away. But as a main meal main course, take a hike soupy.

Giving soup a straight up 9/10. Love soup

4 Likes

4 Likes

Gave it an 8. Soup is great.

The best soup is better than an average pizza.

3 Likes

Different soup for different…needs

Mrs W does an amazing cheesy, basil and courgette soup. Tomato soup, and leek and potato soup, can be great too.

Carrot and coriander soup can get in the bin though.

6/10

Proper good soup is fucking great. 10!

2 Likes

Soup can be fine and I’m sure in it’s finest form can be elevated but I have a bit of an anti-soup bias as I just associate it with sad, slightly depressing English food from a can. Totally to do with my associations but I can’t really get past it. 3/10.

1 Like
  • Supermarket soup
  • Supermarket pizza

0 voters

You see I also know a few people who are very controlling and judgemental about food and they definitely use soup as a sort of weapon - vegetable soup for dinner. No cheese, no bread, no pudding, be happy with the soup.

1 Like

Are they prison guards?

2 Likes

pretty much

1 Like

Certain soups are fine. I like a thick, smooth soup. Don’t really want any soggy lumps floating around in it. But I very, VERY rarely crave a soup. If it’s offered up as a starter to a meal, sure, I’ll eat it (flavour permitting), but I generally won’t choose to eat soup over any other foodstuff.

Top 3 soups:

• Wild garlic

• Spicy butternut squash

• Leek and potato

I voted 5. A distinctly average food.

1 Like

french onion soup is a good type of soup imo, possibly even the best type of soup

5 Likes

Would be number 4 on my list

Heinz Big Soup is the best of the available tinned soups.