🍴 How Tasty Is It Really 🍴 Episode 2: SOUP 🥣

I forgot about garlic soup I love garlic soup

Soup is 10/10 now

1 Like

Soup is an incredible allrounder; it’s good for you and makes you feel better which isn’t easily done, and it can taste of anything you want. You can have it hot or cold (thank you Spain). You can stick brandy in it (thank you France). Fucking love soup.

3 Likes

LOL. What an utterly absurd poll.

Oh yeah?

I make vegetable soup quite often for our work lunches. Last weeks contained - a large red onion, nearly a whole bulb of garlic, a medium red chilli, a large leek, loads of broccoli, two carrots, smoked paprika, some herbs, a few large spoonfuls of bouillion, some water and a couple of handfuls of spinach and salt and cracked black pepper. It was really rather good! But it was still just SOUP. I was eating it to enrich my body, not my soul.

Cream of chicken or cream of tomato soup with some thick slices of buttered toast can be very comforting when ill.

My favourite childhood soup made by my mum were leek and potato soup and chicken soup (which we’d grate some cheddar over the top of upon serving).

Despite the fact it can be quite yummy when made well, I’d rather eat a thousand other things before I’d eat soup.

I give soup - 4/10

Yeah.

Nothing wrong with your nail!
… Unlike asparagus soup :frowning:

“The Food You Love to Drink!”

2 Likes

*The food that’s designed to be drunk

4 Likes

Soup deserves some gosh darned respect! 6

Love Soups, Hate Broths #LSHB

1 Like

The best soup is better than an average pizza.

I’m afraid you’ve done yourself with the wording here. There’s every chance that the very best soup in the world might be better than a Dr Oetker or something (although even then, would depend on my mood and stuff)

But when you’re having to compare the finest soup possible with a bang average pizza, you’re inadvertently revealing pizza’s superiority over soup.

Quite like soup, but it’s no pizza so I’ve gone for a 6.

Is ramen/pho soup?

• Yes
  • No
0 voters

Actually this is a good point. My mum’s chicken soup is the best soup and is a 10/10 lunch or starter.

1 Like

Never been so invested in a ‘How X is it really’ thread. Soup needs to triumph over pizza for the soul of the nation.

I’d fucking kill for a tasty ramen rn

5 Likes

Made a home made minestrone at the weekend, took all of fifteen minutes and was wholesome as fuck. So so good.

Four portions of the stuff.

6 Likes

Tinned soups are almost all excellent, except Campbell’s which are shite.

Homemade soups are always a bit too salty for me. No point making them at all really.

What’s that fancy arse water soup they make in France or somewhere? I don’t care how technical it is, I’ve got the same results diluting an Oxo cube in water.

Hey, guys. The Waitrose “Essentials” tins of Tomato Soup are the best available on the market IMO.