🍴 How Tasty Is It Really 🍴 Episode 4: PASTY

Right then, let’s see how this goes

Ice cream goes ahead of soup but still behind pizza

Food Score
Pizza 8.86
Ice Cream 7.43
Soup 6.56

And we turn our attention to the champion of all foods. For the purposes of this thread, I will be suspending my pasty purism and including yer cheese & onion, vegetable, lamb & mint etc.

The humble pasty; how tasty is it really?

0 voters

My favourite pasty is a ginsters pasty

:fishing_pole_and_fish:

1 Like

Good for you, but these threads are about actual food.

8 Likes

Are we including slices and bakes under the pasty umbrella? Or do they require their own thread?

1 Like

Don’t think I’ve ever had a pasty

They will be covered in the Greggathread on another date.

1 Like

I respect your commitment to pasty purity.

2 Likes

Pasties are exclusively eaten when stuck at a train station, waiting on a delayed train.

8 Likes

A great pasty is a thing of joy but not a good as a great pizza. However they are much more portable and practical for the busy on-the-go lifestyle and that counts for a lot.

2 Likes

8 out of 10.

One of my favourite memories is pasty-related from the first holiday I took with the TV back when we were 20. We went camping in St Ives. Weather was awful for most of the time and had to pick snails out of our walking boots most mornings. Anyway, on the one nice day we picked up pasties from town first thing then went on a long coastal walk. At lunchtime we ate those pasties, still nice and warm, sat on a quiet beach and it was just blissful.

9 Likes

Train station pasties are not representative of the rest of the pasty world.

1 Like
  • I’ve had a pasty barm
  • I’ve never lived

0 voters

Wouldn’t know where else to buy them.

Devon. Or failing that, Cornwall. Or failing that, a bakery.

A pasty is a smile in food form

It’s another 10/10 from me

13 Likes

Best pasty I’ve ever had was from a gaff in Looe. Amazing stuff

3 Likes

flaky pastry is best

Can’t stand them, even the smell of the filling makes me gag. Very sorry to my south west brethren, I love you but it’s a 1 from me.

2 Likes

Used to go to work sometimes in the school holidays with my dad at Looe fish market and one of the old fish guys would buy me a pasty. Good pasties in Looe.

1 Like

Genuinely don’t know how to process this news :sob: