🍴 How Tasty Is It Really 🍴 Episode 8: CHIPS 🍟

Alright? Today we’ll be talking about chips/fries!

Chocolate goes 3rd after a lively thread

Food Score
Pizza 8.86
Roast Dinner 7.8
Chocolate 7.71
Ice Cream 7.43
Soup 6.56
Cake 6.54
Pasty 6.33

So now, chips?

0 voters

Come on guys, let’s at least get chips into the 9s!

2 Likes

7 - less good than pizza. Much less good than pasty. Much much less good than chocolate.

3 Likes

Have had to vote a 4. Whilst good chips are really good, the ratio of good chips to soggy or undercooked chips is pretty bad, and I don’t know how many times I have been disappointed by the chips in a pub meal. Chips need to up their game.

5 Likes

Going with a 9. Not quite up there with a pasty but level with a roast I reckon. A good chip can be the best thing in the world, and of somewhere does bad chips then they’re off the list for good, no second chances. Gonna have cheesy chips for lunch I reckon.

7 because they’re not as good as pizza but better than cake and chocolate

Chips replace cake as the worst thing that’s come up in these polls so far.

Boring stodge. 4/10

Hmmm. Going to have to think hard about this one.

Chips are fine, but often elevated by whatever is accompanying them. Apart from Belgian chips which are 10/10

1 Like

It’s a 9 from me. A good chip butty is a thing of beauty. Perfect vessels for condiments. Go with pretty much anything. I’d give them a 10 but I’d be a much thinner man if they didn’t exist.

6 Likes

massive, massive variance between the best chips and the worst chips. Best chips > best pizza; worst chips <<<<<<< worst pizza

Yep, pub chips are rubbish so often.

I went for 7 though because of the best chips

1 Like

We went here last year:

Somehow Belgian chips combine the best bits of all chips.

1 Like

I’ve given them a 8. Good enough to sometimes sway what I order but at the end of the day they are a side.

I had the idea of opening a chip bar, I’d get people in by doing unlimited chips for like a fiver but I would then charge loads for fancy condiments.

1 Like

High score for sure but even putting quality variance aside I don’t actually want chips that often. Have gone a year plus without eating chips but then when I want them I really want and love them.

Actually might change my score. Does this cover Curly fries?

Reckon we need more easy accessible poutine in the world.

Dutch chips are shit

1 Like

Yes it does, and lattice fries, but NOT wedges.

1 Like

Scientific research has established that 84.6% of chips sold worldwide are rubbish and it doesn’t matter where you are or who you are buying from.

2 Likes

Weird the way chips from the chippy are all soft and not crispy but it isn’t even a bad thing (love them)

Homemade chips are the only occasionally bad chips