๐ŸŽฎ๐ŸŽฎ๐ŸŽฎ How Was It?: Oddworld Abe's Exodus ๐Ÿ‘ฝ๐Ÿ‘ฝ๐Ÿ‘ฝ

@Joke @Funkhouser Hope this gets your blessing

We got music, we got video, now time for video games

First up: The game about Mudokken looking to free his spieces from slavery via Mind Control and farts. Oddworld Abes Exodus

SX342

So DiS. How Good Was It Really?

0 voters

Results will be revealed 15.30 9th June

Please PM me any games youโ€™d like to see here and Iโ€™ll use some suggestions

4 Likes

Fine by me! You might want to put a couple of relevant emojis around the HGWIR in the title so itโ€™s easier to differentiate at a glance.

1 Like

Easily one of my fav games ever. I loved the style, music, character designs, humorโ€ฆ just everything about it. The atmosphere is fantastic and the puzzle based platforming really clicked with me, so much so I ended up playing it to completion at least 10 times.

Not played it. 3/5

Annoying as all hell. 2.

Had a demo version I played with my brothers, we got a lot of mileage out of the farting and whistling and blowing peoples heads up but we werenโ€™t good at figuring out the puzzles and stuff. 3/5

1 Like

Love the thread idea. Never played this though.

1 Like

I was thinking about starting this on here for a few weeks but I figured it would be a bit too much with the TV/music threads already running.

So I stole the idea and started a thread on SA instead :smile:

11 Likes

I donโ€™t mind at all BUT would be good if thereโ€™s a different name from HGWIR cos I wanna keep TV and games separate for when people search. Other than that of course itโ€™s fine!

I liked Abeโ€™s a lot but was terrible at it, so just replayed the first bit over and over. Had the remake recently and was still terrible at it. 3 because of Abeโ€™s voice and farts.

Anyway as for Exoddus:

+1 smart mechanics
+2 comedy
+1 anticapitalist themes
-1 Lorne Lanning is a POS

3/5

Love the thread idea also

I havenโ€™t actually played it since childhood, but my memories of it are really fond and the whole atmosphere has stayed with me so I might go 4 on it

1 Like

Someone do these threads for books and radio too and then weโ€™ll really have a stew goinโ€™

(and loads of people will be annoyed which will be lol)

6 Likes

Donโ€™t forget movies!

had this and heart of darkness as my intro to 2d platformers, so many fond memories

1 Like

played this and odyssey not too long ago, both 10/10 all time classics in my humble opinion

3 Likes

Like this idea. โ€˜HGWIR: Iโ€™m Sorry I Havenโ€™t A Clueโ€™

How so?

It was good. 4.

Heโ€™s gone full right-wing conspiracy theorist

Has he? Thats disappointing , ive not noticed though