How well do you know the order of the letters on a keyboard?

letters
order
keyboard
memory
dvorak

I was bored in a meeting yesterday so decided to try and memorise them all. Turned out to be not as hard as I thought.

You’ve got qwerty at the top, so that was an easy start. Then I had to just memorise uiop, which in my mind made me think of pancakes so that’s how I remember it.

Then on the middle one asdf was easy enough as those are those videos, then came the hardest bit to remember ghjkl which I just remembered as a ghost (gh) then just carry on with the alphabet, but don’t use the i because you used that already.

Then, it was none other than board member @1000YearBanFFS who helped me remember zxcbvnm. ZX spectrum, curriculum vitae, best new music.

How well do you think you’d do?

Terribly, it’s all muscle memory for me

I know all the numbers

this reminds me of the typing hame i invernted where you are not allowed to look at the keyboard at all. Im better at this then |I was last time

Incorrect. So close, too - right at the death!

i can touch type, so who cares?

Oofft.

Yeah, think he’s @1000YearBanFFS these days…

Richard Of York Gave Battle In Vain

By heart. I had a football game on my Amiga 500 that had really long loading screens, so I used to sing the keyboard letters in order along with the loading music. I did it so frequently that it’s still burned into my brain, 25 years later.

I was a lonely child.

1234567890-=
qertyuiop[]
asdfghjkl;’#
\zxcvbnm,./

Did that without looking.

right?!

',.pygcrl/

aoeuidhtns-

;qjkbmwvz

thought that would be easy but its really not

What were you trying to do?

SUBTHREAD

How well can you touchtype the alphabet?

abvdefghijklmnopqrstucwxux

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

abcdefghijklmnopqestuvwxyz

urgh, so close :frowning:

:grinning::sweat_smile::innocent::heart_eyes::yum::face_with_raised_eyebrow::smirk::confused:
:smiley::joy::slightly_smiling_face::kissing_heart::stuck_out_tongue::face_with_monocle::unamused::slightly_frowning_face:
:smile::rofl::upside_down_face::kissing::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::nerd_face::disappointed::frowning:
:grin::slight_smile:️:wink::kissing_smiling_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::sunglasses::pensive::persevere:
:laughing::blush::relieved::kissing_closed_eyes::crazy_face::star_struck::worried::confounded: