How would you like your remains to be handled after death?

• Buried (cemetery)
  • Buried (woodland)
  • Cremated
  • Body to science
  • Body to art
  • At sea
  • Volcano
  • Do not care
  • Other

0 voters

Chat encouraged.

I joked on my dating app profile that I’d like to be stuffed and mounted in a standing position just below high tide. I think I actually fancy a woodland burial really

1 Like

Don’t care, I’ll be dead.

Stuff me, fuck me, use me as a punchbag, don’t care

3 Likes

Burn me, spend as little money on it as possible, play some music that will make people cry

5 Likes

sensually

2 Likes

I’ve got that on my dating profile

15 Likes

Sorry but my body is mine, I don’t believe in any afterlife, I believe all that I am is in my body. And I really hate the thought of anybody doing anything with me after I’m gone, so however useful medical science might be I absolutely do not want that. Take out whatever organs can be viably donated and cremate me as soon as poss.

6 Likes

Turn me into a bench

4 Likes

Don’t like the idea of being surrounded by lots of other dead things really. Donate whatever’s good, and bury the rest in a quiet spot somewhere.

1 Like

would you be plastinated?

• yes
  • no

0 voters

Make me into a firework and shoot me off the cliffs into the sea.

5 Likes

same but they don’t have to be scientists

2 Likes

This has happened with a few people round here recently actually and it’s really lovely.

2 Likes

ooh this is cool :slight_smile:

1 Like

They never pay enough really.

I don’t want to be in an urn someone keeps hanging about / in their attic either. No point.

1 Like

That’s really good money actually for that kind of thing. Looking forward to you having incredible superpowers.

1 Like

I am in the process of updating my will and I was going to put body to science but something adminy put me off - like you have to already have agreement or something from a science place. Idk.

I’d like it to be put to use really but if not then whatever requires the least resources/fuel/space. Chuck me under a hedge or something, or CORPE DISSOLVING RESOMATOR pls…

2 Likes

Probably a direct cremation like Bowie. One of my more interesting work days involved a tour behind the scenes at a crematorium - I got to see the whole process right through to the Cremulator.
I am tempted to buried in my home town cemetery along with other members of my family. It’s a beautiful place with a view of the mountains, a stream and most importantly it’s home to Red Squirrels. They now offer unmarked woodland burials in the Victorian part.

Hold the fuck up. THEY pay YOU for that!? I’m paying them for it!

2 Likes

whatever my family want to do.
:person_shrugging: