How's your energy supplier doing?

Be interested to know how they’re calculating the baseline. If you were on holiday or something when they calculated it, you automatically lose every week. If you have disabilities that require a base level of usage, you lose every week.

1 Like

Will everyone win in the blackouts

To be fair to marckee, if you had a base level of usage that was higher than the target you just wouldn’t play this game and you’d be paying the same as if the game didn’t exist. And surely the alternative method of reducing peak demand is charging more for peak usage which is worse?

Not having a go at Marckee at all, just think it’s an idea that benefits the most able in society disproportionately.

Too late to backtrack on your vicious attack now :wink:

2 Likes

Aren’t we going to have to reduce our usage during peak times as we transition away from fossil fuel to renewables? Not sure this is the right way of doing but we have to do something?

1 Like
  • Still haven’t turned the heating on.

0 voters

can’t tick this :frowning:

British Gas are currently reviewing my direct debit, just get on with it been almost a week now! :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

Can’t dry clothes in the house if I don’t put the heating on for a bit.

Might need to get a heated minky airer or something

Heard a couple of people say a dehumidifier in the smallest room works. Not tried it.

An airing cupboard if you have one, obviously.

Our flat is freezing, never have any heaters on, and clothes tend to dry in less than 24 hours.

1 Like

I must be tired because instead of working out you meant airing cupboard I genuinely Googled this thinking it was a special bit of clothes drying tech from Ali Express or something.

16 Likes

Mate who doesn’t have at least one xuoboar in 2022?

15 Likes

LOL. Didn’t even spot that.

You should be running a dehumidifier in any house of the UK, will help with the heating bills as well as the house will be dryer

I’ve need to look into it. I have really bad allergies, though, so it can be a bit of a nightmare. When I’m in particularly dry or warm environments my eyes, nose and throat cause me issues, so always just of assumed a dehumidifier would aggregate it further, but might be wrong.

I suppose you’ll never know. It doesn’t dry the air out completely, just takes it down to a nice 55-60% and then shuts itself off. Really essential for drying clothes in winter

2 Likes

turns out my energy supplier will cost the taxpayer £6.5bn so i’d just like to say sorry in advance

3 Likes

Don’t want to worry anyone but just seen some of the plans for electricity rationing switch offs for the winter and a hell of a lot of work has gone into it if it’s not going to be used and the fines the operators get if they don’t switch places off at the correct times are absolutely huge.

1 Like

can you run DiS on batteries?