How's your fridge?

Mine is really crap. Too small and has a layer of ice at the back so I can only use the front of it. Awkward.

Do you have stuff in there that is way past its sell-by?
How often to you clean it?
Do you keep non-food items in there?
Let’s not argue about whether chocolate/eggs/fruit belong in the fridge… actually, fuck it: let’s

The door has started to creak alarmingly, which I’m not happy about. Think the whole fridge/freezer assembly might be on its last legs tbh.

It’s kept clean and doesn’t have anything ridiculous rotting away in it, so there’s that.

Do you have stuff in there that is way past its sell-by? yes

How often to you clean it? whenever i spill something in it

Do you keep non-food items in there? yeah, bevvy

Let’s not argue about whether chocolate/eggs/fruit belong in the fridge… actually, fuck it: let’s…

the one i’m torn about is tomato sauce… it’s not going to go off as it’s basically just sugar plus you don’t really want it cold, so why do i keep it in the fridge? dunno

I don’t have stuff in there going past its use-by date, because my fridge is embarrassingly sparsely stocked.

There isn’t a clear yes/no on chocolate. Depends. Double Decker: no, unless it’s basically melting. Fry’s Chocolate Cream: 15 minutes to give it a nice crisp bite. I could go on.

I tend to refrigerate tommy sauce after it is opened

I don’t like refrigerated chocolate but my lad does so I stick it in the fridge. Good for my diet

take a picture of the inside of your fridge would be a good* thread

*everything’s relative

^This
I do a Big Shop on Saturdays so it tends to be empty by Friday night. Not good when I get home from the pub at midnight craving cheese on toast

Would also be interesting (relatively) to find the oldest item in the fridge at work…

Just picture a load of almond milk, sugar free ginger beer, lactose free cheese and for some reason a half used bunch of fresh coriander. Permanently.

… and the DiSest fridge award goes to…

It’s because all the meat is in the freezer, tbf.

We have an excellent fridge.

To my knowledge nothing is currently out of date in it, though I might be wrong? Probably some veg actually (which is fine unless mouldy).

Clean it if I spill something in there, but that’s not really a “thorough” clean, is it.

I keep unopened tubes of my acne meds inside, as it must be kept in a fridge before opening. Also used to keep camera film in there.

We have two large integrated fridge freezers that are adjacent to each other in the kitchen, which is great because I can put my honking anchovies, stinking bishop, and stuff like that in a separate fridge, away from more delicate things/ the baby’s food. Two freezers is also great because we have loads of frozen veg, fish fingers, waffes and other stuff that toddlers eat, and we’d struggle with just one.

Having said that, I doubt we would have designed the kitchen that way (it was like this when we bought the place), but having been a two fridge fanny, I doubt I’ll ever go back to singles.

Our fridge is doing fine, thanks. It probably needs a deep clean.

One thing I am a bit peeved about is the number of dents that are appearing on the door, without it getting bashed about. Apparently this happens to most fridges, but it seems like a ballache to remove them.

I never refrigerate ketchup. It’s never gone off on me, tbh.

[quote=“NoahVale, post:1, topic:21129”]
Do you have stuff in there that is way past its sell-by?

How often to you clean it?

Erm, we moved in on February 2nd, and I’m sure I’ve wiped up the odd spillage once or twice (oops). I will be doing my NY spring clean after xmas so it’ll get done then.

Do you keep non-food items in there?
I recently discovered that the child’s liquid vitamin drops are supposed to be kept in there, so when I remember to put them back in the fridge they’ll be there. Also a lot of condiments and booze.

Let’s not argue about whether chocolate/eggs/fruit belong in the fridge

Eggs absolutely should not be kept in the fridge if you are intending to bake, however I have started putting them in because the wee one loves omelettes and he likes them quite wet/ wobbly, as opposed to crisp and well done, so I’d rather not take a risk on eggs that have been left out in a hot kitchen.

:+1:

can’t you defrost it? i blasted mine with a deep pan full of boiling water and now it runs like a dream