How's your fridge?

I think it might be fucked. The whole of the back of the fridge ices up. I’m sure it shouldn’t do that if it is working properly

Have you got it on too high a setting? Otherwise, there should be a drain somewhere for condensation, etc. Might want to check that isn’t blocked.

2 Likes

I absolutely hate my fridge. About 75% of the space is taken up by my housemate, who buys loads of bullshit condiments that he never uses. He’ll also fill it full of leftovers from whatever meal he’s cooked, and then cook something else the following day, which results in more leftovers and even less space. Had a word with him about this many times but he doesn’t appear to give a shit. I’m moving out soon though, so fuck it.

i need to defrost my freezer!!

MIGHT DO IT TONIGHT YOLO!!!111

1 Like

Really good fridge. My housemates barely eat at home seemingly so got loads of space.

My only gripe is that it’s stupidly large by comparison to the freezer. Would prefer more of an even split.

Cheers.

The freezer section needs defrosting and I’ve told Clive that we need to clear it out so that we can do that. But he keeps putting new things in there. Eventually it’ll be solid ice and there’ll be no choice in the matter, I guess.

Refrigerating then puts them at more risk apparently. If you’re not sure if your eggs are a bit dodgy put them in a bowl of water, if they float chuck em but leaving them out is totally cool as we don’t industrially wash them like Americans so they retain their oxygen blocking seal on the shell, which is all that matters

2 Likes

Chocolate sometimes, depends on the chocolate but this is a new thing for me having never been a chocolate cooler.
Eggs never.
Fruit if it’s a berry but never apples or bananas

Excellent replying skills here with the html shit included.

1 Like

Bit rogue in terms of organisation as I had people staying recently who wanted some space in the fridge so I chucked a lot of stuff in the salad drawers at the bottom

Is that… cosmetics?

We’ve got two at thr moment.

One is a brand new AEG integrated frost free, and the other a Hotpoint which has really thick ice.

Today we transferred everything to the new one, tomorrow we’ll defrost the old one before giving it away to someone.

Yeah nail polish in the egg section

1 Like

fine

1 Like

Is this why their eggs are always white?

I put a couple of used tea bags in my fridge this morning. Absorbs those odours and all that doesn’t it.
It’s as neutrally fragrant as it’s ever been

We did a fridge photo thread a while back…I love seeing inside .

Mine needs cleaning, load of stuff past its best…

That top right mustard is best before 2014. Mustard lasts forever though right?

hasn’t got any shelves. everything is carefully stacked to avoid contamination as much as possible. keeps stuff cold though

Mine is almost suspiciously quiet atm. It normally makes a lot of weird noises, which a lot of the time sounds like actual chickens clucking.

Our fridge is completely fucked. Had to take the lightbulb out as it was overheating and basically cooking everything. It also won’t close properly as hinge is broken resulting in a massive build up of ice on the back. It’s probably costing a fortune to keep it at barely below room temperature.

Definately in the market for a new one next year, such a boring thing to buy though!