How's your hearing? [Audit]

i always try to wear earplugs, have some in my bag so rarely without them

i’m convinced that i’ve got less hearing in my right ear but never actually got them checked out

1 Like

i’ve booked a hearing test at boots. i will keep you all updated. sign up to my mailing list for additional info and behind the scenes extras.

2 Likes

same here. my mum and my son have the exact same thing so it’s clearly these rubbish ears have strong coding…
i find my ears get really easily blocked if i don’t wear earplugs swimming, and even just if it’s raining hard sometimes.
had a really nasty bout of tinnitus in january which rendered me near-deaf for about 2 weeks. being deaf is not fun and anybody permanently suffering has my utmost sympathy.

Mogwai 2008 for me. Dayum

1 Like

have had tinnitus since I was about 4 or 5 so was pretty bad to begin with. definitely fucked it even more over the years with loud music tho.

pardon?!?! haha

1 Like

Do not be not nice to the profk

1 Like

i wouldn’t dream of doing such a thing. we’re all in the same boat here.

1 Like

Anyone know a good place to get the ol’ lugholes tested and how much I should be looking to spend?

boots
£0

Thanks, I have been a bit worried about my hearing recently.

WHAT?

2 Likes

It’s kind of up and down? I can’t be exposed to loud music without ear plugs for very long because it’ll go quite quickly, so I’m getting better at wearing plugs when I watch bands.

I practice with earplugs but don’t wear them for live performances because it completely stifles any sort of feel for how the gig is going, if that makes sense?

I also get a thing in my left ear every so often where I can hear my own voice very loudly and also hear/feel my pulse when I’m lying down. Should I be worried?

yeah def, you’d hope most of the volume is going outwards and wouldn’t be too crazy loud on stage but depends on the place dunnit

1 Like

Yeah I’ve found it really varies. Glad it isn’t just me who does this - half feared a bunch of “you WHAT?” replies

depends how good the monitoring is. trying to do vocals when you can’t hear a fucking thing is nightmarish.

Think I enjoy gigs more since I started wearing earplugs, sound takes a hit but I’m less taken out of it by the people around me talking

2 Likes

I had to start wearing plugs because my friend’s noise set actually really hurt me even if I stood right back in the room. I’ve stopped caring that I look soft.