How's your love life DiS?

Quite apart from the problematic stuff, this is such a Jay from the In-Betweeners thing to say that I wonder if he’s promoting a third movie

‘I shagged a bird in the Tower of London!’

6 Likes

feels very

to me

11 Likes

person I like did a podcast episode, made the mistake of listening to it, two hour blast of their personality and my besotted levels are through the roof

2 Likes

link or it didn’t happen

2 Likes

Question(s): someone on the bus just now said to me “the book you’re reading is one of my all time favourites”, and then we started chatting about books until she got off. I thought to myself “wow, that was amazing, I wish I got her number!”, but that’s not really appropriate, is it? She was just being friendly and nice, right?

How do you broach something like that (if you should at all) without it coming across as wildly presumptuous?

Is it fine to ‘feel’ something from an encounter that was actually quite brief? I am absolutely buzzing about it lol

3 Likes

She really likes books huh?

33 Likes

“Hey I really enjoyed talking to you can I have your number?”

Being blasé here but in situations like these you really have nothing to lose.

8 Likes

aside from the respect of the other person and your peers.

2 Likes

This is DEFINITELY not appropriate!

1 Like

What book was it?

‘the game’

7 Likes

I am an office worker

4 Likes

‘my story’ by Wayne Rooney

20 Likes

Football manager 2019 available from steam and all games retailers from 2nd November 2018 for dummies

3 Likes

A Little Life.

We both talked about how much we cried reading it and then I asked if she had any recommendations and she mentioned two similarly bleak novels that I didn’t quite hear correctly and didn’t ask her to repeat.

1 Like

picturing a dozen amazon analysts trying to work out the reason for the sudden spike in sales

4 Likes

If it were me I’d get the same bus at the same time every day for the rest of my life, and if I ever saw her again still not talk to her

28 Likes

Hand her a copy of infinite jest if she wants a book to cry at

4 Likes

Social media is a really bad thing when you’re still hung up on someone after an unreasonable amount of time

2 Likes

Yeah it really is terrible, in the past you could just forget and think I was probably just projecting anyway, but nowadays it’s like no here are some constant reminders of how awesome someone is whenever you check your phone