How's your love life DiS?

Everyone commenting on how they’re happier being alone i agree. Maybe we should all get together and be alone together. Who’s in?

1 Like

Alright Bradford Cox

Pretty sure dating sites are the easiest thing in the world to be good at

1 Like

This news depresses me

1 Like

Yeah obviously you can do a by numbers profile and get a decent amount of matches/interest and say all the right stuff but unless you’re being genuine in what you’re doing it will fall on it’s arse as soon as you actually meet someone. All you see or anyone will see of you is a calculated facade without much room for gut feeling or instinct until you get into a more recognisable ‘dating’ type situation.

1 Like

Join our club!!!

2 Likes

i don’t think it’s about being a pushover or having a lack of personality, when you’re in a relationship with someone who you care about it’s pretty normal to just want to spend time with them, even if it’s not doing an activity or watching something you’d always choose to do yourself

8 Likes

online dating is a mystery to me at the best of times, but only having group photos of yourself has to be the weirdest one

2 Likes

Also really effective at highlighting how much white people all look the same. Find it really difficult figuring out which person /people appear in all the group photos, cos it could be any of them

1 Like

I sometimes wonder if I’ve inadvertently swiped away my soulmate just for having more than one group picture.

2 Likes

yeah - it does my head in how easily some people meet new people

Some people seem to like to run their relationship transitions as more of an “overlap” than a passing of the baton though :weary:

I don’t feel like I have to compromise much at all in my relationship. If you’re with someone with similar taste and like doing/eating/watching the same things then this isn’t really a problem. Of course we don’t want to do the same thing all the time but then we let each other have some space to get on with whatever it is we want to get on with.

2 Likes

this is utterly incomprehensible to me - it really gets highlighted on stag dos where I don’t really know people all that well, it’s like “ooh yeah, off the leash, let’s get really twatted, the missus doesn’t approve etc etc” and I’m like quietly to myself “well, mine would love to be here too, she’d be better company and is a much, much better dancer and would be the last one standing”

8 Likes

yeah, I guess I don’t mean it’s incomprehensible on an individual basis, more that it seems to be a structural norm.

2 Likes

it’s really weird that I can’t call about my car insurance without getting a bit of a crush on the call centre woman who deals with the call

2 Likes

Welsh <3

1 Like

I saw that this post was a reply to yourself and was about to commend yr self-confidence

3 Likes

It’s my goal to go out with a Welsh person. Well, I did already but don’t think I was as into the accent as I am these days. Such a dreamy accent.

2 Likes

ftf myself

4 Likes

my uncle once phoned up a bank to get a mortgage quote and ended up going on a date with them

1 Like