How's your love life DiS?

Reading that line put a rare grin on my face

It’s not for everyone

the confidence you feel from having actually asked for her number will sit with you for a while and you never know, you might end up in a similar situation soon meaning that confidence will help :+1:

This is a shit situation but those italics have done me.

Dreams and social media are working in tandem to make me melancholy today. At least they seem to be hitting it off

Lasagne right now would be fire emoji

I don’t care if it’s morning

My emotions need pasta

Mate, that can be a hell of a combination at times. No harm in taking some time away from SM for a day or two.

I had a dream about social media as well, that’s crazy. (Please note the first clause was read in the voice of David Bowie’s Twin Peaks character)

I probably made it sound worse than it is. I was just like “aaaah maaaan, way to remind me of (possibly not actually unrequited but certainly not actionable at the present time) feelings and that”.

dreamt last night that I was working for someone I briefly dated about 2 years ago in their massive cafe built in an aeroplane hanger.

kinda fancy them again tbh

I dreamt she shared a Simpsons meme

Not even joking

y’know what

gonna edit this because this is in public view and all and what if she sees and etc

not that it’s bad, just that this is… a delicate emotional ecosystem? hmm…

click back to see the edit history, I guess :upside_down_face:

Yeah… errr… same here.

download

Sorry that has weird white lines on it nm

Never posying from my phone again

2x people I had nice chats with on Bumble earlier in the week (including one who suggested us going for a drink soon) have gone quiet on me

It’s almost like they have better things to do than endlessly check dating apps in order to meet strangers

I think I’ve matched on an app with like an award winning famous author. Has that happened to anybody else? Probably a constant thing if you live in London?

I’d worry it is some new form of book marketing

I found out from a friend of mine that when Steve Hofstetter had a show here, he was using Tinder for marketing. Basically offering free tickets to his show with people he matched with. Wasn’t just outright advertising though, in fact my friend was thinking that there might be something there and asked a few friends to come along (including me) just in case. We chatted to him a little afterwards, and he didn’t acknowledge he knew her at all. Seemed like he genuinely didn’t recognise her, not like he was pretending (or at least it seemed). All in all I thought it was a pretty shitty way to promote your comedy, she was pretty gutted and a bit embarrassed about the whole experience.

I was chatting to someone on bumble recently who claimed to have published 4 novels, although I never established who she was or if she sold in any numbers (could just be e books for all I know)

Anyway she asked me out for a drink then immediately ghosted me

i think I’d rather be marketed to. I worry too much about my writing style.