How's your love life DiS?

Save it for tomorrow

2 Likes

she has posted photos from in the shop

then it’s probable that she has been in the shop

10 Likes

why’d you have to do that

my family is quite complicate though, I am effectively a completely different person around them (unfortunate interaction between their religion and my passiveness), always makes me feel like a complete fraud a main worry would actually be on their side, think it would make my mum quite sad to hear about me from someone else for whom I’m completely different. this is probably more mental health thread territory

That does sound tricky to navigate tbf, pal.

IMO, in this scenario, the downsides of not asking and not knowing far outweigh the potential downsides of asking and any consequences of however that goes.

5 Likes

wait until you get married and they have a whatsapp group with your mum and sisters

6 Likes

anxiety number 3 ‘do you have any brothers or sisters?’ no matter how far away you can see that question coming, and no matter how many times you try and deflect it, there is no stopping that question arriving

In the nicest possible way, that’s future TTF’s problem, not yours.

5 Likes

I guess I don’t worry about his health so I shouldn’t worry about this

@ttf I often purposefully leave messages unread when I’ve seen them on the lock screen when I’m not ready to reply at that moment but want a reminder that I still need to reply. If I had no reason to reply I’d just read the message to clear the notification. Just ask her out already! And not in a vague way either - just say something like ‘would you like to go out for dinner?’

11 Likes

Ignore this message unless you want a bit of brutal first hand advice

I was in your situation pretty much - worked with someone who definitely liked me as a friend and we hung out and stuff but I always knew she’d be uncomfortable if I told her I liked her more. I think if you know she’d feel
Uncomfortable, then you know. I tried to set up a situation where it wasn’t going to be awkward and tell her, but it was always going to be awkward. That’s the situation.

There’s two options - trust yourself and don’t take the plunge, or take the plunge. There’s no real way around it.

1 Like

"there’s a really nice coffee place nearby. you should go there. "

2 Likes

Empathise with so much of this

Putting myself out there is ridiculously terrifying

1 Like

@ttf can I organise your stag do? We’re going to that star wars disneyland thing, and I’m going to get a member of staff that you can detail all of the last jedi faults to while we’re in the millennium falcon, it’s going to be amazing.

11 Likes

I heard that Guildford has a fine establishment for serving cheeky chicken - I would recommend it

4 Likes

I only picked wallowing bc it’s the one I always do / regret doing

I’m stupid tho sooooo

1 Like

I guess I have no way to judge my judgment though, I think at my core i’m one of those people who reads way too much into things (she touched my hand!), but because I am aware of that I compensate in the other direction and just assume im being ridiculous, but I don’t know if I am overcompensating. she has always been really nice to me, and every so often sent me something really complimentary out of the blue (though we hardly ever chat), and she responded very positively when I sent her a really complimentary birthday message, and since then there have been a few nice interactions since. just don’t know if it was in a friendly way, and i’ve spooked her

I think in this situation you have very little to lose - you don’t work with each other and it doesn’t sound like you see each other super often, so it’s not like a rejection is going to be crazy awkward

Just ask her, and if she says no leave it there. She will not be offended or creeped out by a pleasant invitation from you. Go for it man, you got this :metal::metal::metal::metal::metal::metal:

4 Likes

She could just be a sweet young woman or she may very well be hinting 'Ask me out already TTF, you DOOFUS!!! ’

ASK
HER
OUT

6 Likes