HPWIR: 2.4 Children

The show regularly picked up large audiences of up to 14 million in the early 1990s, with an average of between 6 and 9 million. The final episode was viewed by 9.03 million people.[2]

1 Like

that’s pretty p

1 Like

Yeah, surprisingly p in my opinion. Wouldn’t have guessed it.

not sure I can disagree with that. fair play to the children

2 Likes

Perfect?

Popular.

HPWIR is a series of threads where we just discuss how many people watched certain shows throughout history.

1 Like

Oh. Pretty popular really. The show regularly picked up large audiences of up to 14 million in the early 1990s, with an average of between 6 and 9 million. The final episode was viewed by 9.03 million people

2 Likes

Yeah, I heard that too.

Did an episode ever receive 2.4 million viewers, Tone?

1 Like

The show regularly picked up large audiences of up to 14 million in the early 1990s, with an average of between 6 and 9 million.

2 Likes

I used to watch it, as did my mother and both of my brothers.

My father didn’t watch it, and nor did my grandma or grandpa, who were both living with us at the time.

So watched by 4/7, which may indicate it was more popular in the Warn household than it was nationally. However, to be sure of that we would really need to know what % of overall viewing share was represented by 6-9 million in the early 90s.

2 Likes

We used to watch it as a family.

There were only 2.0 children in our house though.

I just checked out Noel’s House Party in 1998/9 and hardly anybody was watching it. I don’t know what that means but it means something.

This is really good stuff, Warny. Thank you x

1 Like

Best episode? The one where they think there’s a snake in their living room.

Best gag on the show? The goldfish in the blender one.

Marckee. This is NOT the remit of the HPWIR threads. I’m absolutely fucking disgusted by this.

2 Likes

Jesus, that’s almost 9.04 million people

3 Likes

this is good. Show called Dad written by the same person as 2.4 children

The title of each episode was a pun on the word ‘Dad’.

“Securidad”
"Dadcoholic
“Reprodadtion”

The show often mixed Soviet comedy with dark, surreal and offensive humour. “Securidad” featured a plot involving a model village Brian and Alan had to protect, because the plastic residents kept getting decapitated. In many episodes Alan would fall victim to various mishaps; one episode involved him falling off a ladder into paint, another saw him get buried in a pile of potatoes.

sounds alright

Initially, due to Julia Hills being in 2point4 Children, which was still running come the transmission of ‘Dad’, the BBC didn’t want her to be in it. However after her audition, any fears and doubts were quickly quashed.

1 Like

Usually I would respect the format (RTF), but in this instance I just don’t care.