Huel

For the FAO of @Epimer really I suppose, but also anyone else with experience of it.

Any good? Expensive? Do you miss chomping into food? Do you completely replace your diet, or just the odd meal? Delicious? Horrible Other questions?

Thanks.

The other thread is a good read

not being a dick

It does a job.

It ain’t cheap.

Oh yes.

I think they recommend having at least one non-Huel meal a day.

I thought it was fine but shaking it up isn’t enough, it’s got a horrible texture unless you stick it in a smoothie maker or blender.

I haven’t had any in ages. It did a job for me, replacing breakfast, any time I couldn’t be arsed making lunch, and most surprise solo dinners (to stop me having too many takeaways).

I find the concept a bit abhorrent tbqfh but if it serves someone’s needs then fair enough.

It’s basically human fuel!

1 Like

I don’t see colour

Hurl more like. eh, eh, see what I did there ?

2 Likes

fine

a bit

not really, because

no

yes

yeah i liked it

haven’t had any in… ages. it came with a free t-shirt. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

is it this?

1 Like

Huel Lewil & the Newl.

1 Like

HUEL LET THE DOGS OUT (HUEL, HUEL, HUEL HUEL)

4 Likes

Can’t wait for the Huel adverts to roll on in.

1 Like

I posted a comment on their fb once saying that the name sounded like an onomatopoeiac word for vomit and that their product was just like diet milkshakes from the 80s.

One of their product managers replied to me and got really defensive and started telling me my opinion was wrong. He came across like a cult member who’d totally bought into the idea that conventional meals were going to be obsolete any time now.

2 Likes

unlike a product manager to protect their brand in fairness

1 Like

Of course, but it was the way he did it. He broke a lot of the basic rules about how to respond to negative feedback in public. Attacking the critic is not the usual way it’s done.

2 Likes

always get ‘huel be the next in line’ stuck in my head when folk aren’t talking about huel

which is very frequently indeed

1 Like

Ah, sorry.

Interesting, thanks. I think ‘expensive’ might be the big stumbling block.

Girfriend’s dieting, so I need something to do on my own, but maybe not this.

Do you feel healthier for it? Less healthy? A shrivelled, husk of a man?

My colleague pronounces it ‘huelle’ and I’ll never stop laughing about it

3 Likes

Very huelle.

Huel intentions