Hum just surprise-dropped a new record

Radical

SQUEEEEEEEEEE.

1 Like

This is so good.

2 Likes

put cloud city on an endless loop imo

Such a good record! Lovely production as well - sounds clean and huge.

1 Like

yeah the riffs and guitar tones are pure comfort food. the intro on the first track was all i needed to be sucked back into their world.

4 Likes

God, this is so up my street I’ve invited it in for tea and flapjacks

EDIT: Loving the widdly bit of guitar 3:09 on The Summoning :heart:

2 Likes

I saw this when a friend posted on FB yesterday. Is this the first thing they’ve released since Downward is Heavenward?

I believe so!

Sounds like a new bands first album, and I don’t mean that in a bad way.

3 Likes

Fucking excellent news. Listening now and probably won’t turn it off for the rest of the day

1 Like

Really enjoying this. I love it when they get a bit driftier like on the back halves of The Summoning, Folding and Shapeshifter.

Honestly, this could’ve come out almost immediately after Downward is Heavenward, and nobody would’ve batted an eyelid. And I mean that in the best way.

This is in AOTY territory for me. Agree with @theShipment about it being musical comfort food, those guitars hit the sweetest spot.

3 Likes

Never heard of them before, loving this though. Great balance of haze and punch

Sounds a bit like Swervedriver.

on 0.75 speed

This is very true.

Fuck - I’d forgotten how much I love Hum. The intro to Waves immediately brings it all flooding back though.

2 Likes

Played this for the first time yesterday (mysteriously never heard of them). Most excellent :metal:

Back catalogue explorations will commence asap

1 Like

Now this is how you comeback! Its just like a lovely lovely hug under a massive blanket. Absolutely sublime…

Desert Rambler and Cloud City standing out but its all great.

Easy contender for aoty.