Humbug thread

Hello, this is the place to hang out if you don’t actually like Christmas.

If you do like Christmas and are here to make Christmas references and jokes: fuck off back to one of the 17 threads that are for your kind

'sup?

9 Likes

Ebeneezer reporting for duty

3 Likes

Just four more sleeps until it’s done for another year

4 Likes

Lets get this party starrrrrted.

4 Likes

I used to like Christmas. I hope to again one day.

1 Like

:wave:

got 5 days of doing absolutely nothing. would actually be great if i didn’t feel like death. got a stack of video games and shit. raven beak is a cunt.

think next year i’m just going to nope out of it all completely, just tell my family i’m not doing it anymore and soz.

I do like Christmas but it has a tendency to tire me out.

First hurdle of Christmas at in-laws:

Dinner tonight is “ham stir-fry”

5 Likes

Christmas is wank.

We’re stuck in a boomer 80s version of it forever, which is why there’s never any new songs/traditions/anything. Christmas is basically Brexit with jingle bells on. Hurry up and give me the stark beauty of January/February already…

5 Likes

imagine spending Christmas day on your own, would be so damn awesome

3 Likes

It’s pretty good but I got a little lonely at the very end of the day.

Think I could do it happily now that I’m 95% hermit.

1 Like

it sounds really tragic to say but I don’t really feel lonely since I got into listening to podcasts, always someone there to chat rubbish to me

4 Likes

got halfway through a thread in serious matters a few days ago about this, dunno why I stopped. but yeah, not for me. even more so as I get older. find a lot of the fussing over and promotion of christmas massively depressing.

merry christmas everyone.

4 Likes

HUMBUG!

1 Like

Watching the phantom menace out of… protest… or something.

5 Likes

That’s just cutting your nose off to spiderface

7 Likes

If I didn’t drink I think I’d genuinely have to start telling people I don’t celebrate it

1 Like

Waddup

I think the pressure to ‘HAVE A GREAT CHRISTMAS GUYS!’ is often what gets me most. exasperated by the big taxdodging product delivery service, tv, work colleagues, childhood nostalgia, whatever

like, why the fuck shouldn’t chritmas be enjoyable? time off, booze, food. “Oh, we’re going round to my partner’s parents for the weekend they’ve got a lovely riverside cottage and we ordered a turkey back in October”. yeah I’ve got six bottles of wine, a bag of quorn nuggets and just started ng+ on bloodborne but somehow i’m the one the adverts aren’t depicting. how did I fucking lose this one.

horrible, horrible time of year.

7 Likes

when they said “oh no, covid means christmas is cancelled” i laughed and laughed and laughed.

1 Like