• Egg

0 voters

Humpjack Eggman

3 Likes

@piersmorgan

• Egg
  • Human

0 voters

breaking up with someone by telling them ‘go sit on a wall… because you’re humpty DUMPTy’

• would be hilarious
  • slightly cruel
  • i don’t understand

0 voters

Andrew Lincoln

• Egg
  • Carl Grimes’s dad

0 voters

When people bring up those eggs in Airplane!

• Fuck, that disturbing shit has stayed with me
  • EGG!!!

0 voters

“Sat on a wall”
  • “Humpty Dumpty had a great fall” is referring to him falling off the wall where he has been established to be sitting
  • “Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall” is referring to a previous occasion when Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall, the “great fall” was an unrelated incident

0 voters

This isn’t a legitimate ambiguity c’mon

1 Like

I’m just trying to make something of this thread (and myself)

5 Likes

I applaud that

1 Like

The “great fall” refers to his loss of status within the King’s court after a political scandal. All the King’s horses and men couldn’t put him “back together again” (restore his status) for fear of accusations of treason.

No idea why the horses were even thinking of getting involved in human politics, totally beneath them.

6 Likes
“All the king’s horses and all the king’s men”
  • The attempt to put Humpty “together again” was hampered as a result of the horses getting involved
  • Humpty was broken beyond repair, even if the horses had been replaced with more men the attempts would have been futile

0 voters

Now this I like. This is the kind of “outside the box” thinking that can bring an enormous amount to this ailing thread

2 Likes

Isn’t it a cannon?

It isn’t canon that they’re an egg, that’s for certain

7 Likes

maybe the horses were helping by transporting doctors, not by performing surgery

1 Like

Decent shout, this. You’re a decent man with a decent mind and a decent level of lateral thinking.

Horrifying

2 Likes

^this

That’s the story I heard about it.

Who told you this story?