Hypothetical crossover sports people (bad thread title)

as an offshoot from the McGregor Mayweather shitshow, what sports do you reckon could move into another sport with relatively little training and be pretty good at it. I reckon you could shove a sumo wrestler into an american football offensive line and they’d be pretty ace at it

Rowing <> Cycling seems to have a few who have made the switch successfully.

Ashley Jackson is now an ice hockey player: The Olympian who swapped Team GB hockey for ice hockey in Basingstoke | Hockey | The Guardian

I reckon that there are some horses who could make the switch from running to dancing or vice versa

Yeah, read a while back that ol’ wiggo was going for the olympic rowing team but dunno how he’s getting on?

Primos Roglic going from Ski Jumper to cyclist is a good’un

I reckon I could go from cycling to darts pretty easy. I won my leg at the pub last week. AFTER A RACE!!!

I’ll sign autographs from midday.

Pendleton went from the bike to the horse didn’t she?

snooker>pool

Rebecca Romero would probably be the most successful. Olympic silver medalist in the sculls and gold medalist on the bike.

That’s the summer biathlon, m9

1 Like

Roglic was a jumper not a downhiller, no?

I’ve always thought that sprinters would make good Bobsleigh riders

1 Like

tennis > badminton

Darts —> Javelin --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

2 Likes

There’s a bit in the west wing about putting a sumo wrestler in a ice hockey goal.

luge > bobsleigh

I think they go downhill for a bit before the jump normally

1 Like

Summer and winter sports in areas where there’s not a football pitch-sized bit of flat land anywhere…

weren’t the Jamaican lads all sprinters before they joined the bob sleigh team

and that ice skater who did ice dancing in that film…

also lungs & legs, as is rowing I guess

1 Like