I am really hungry for dinner so it must be time for the...EVENING THREAD 22.05.19

I’ve been told it’s too early but you see, I am somewhat of a renegade, a rebel and I don’t follow the rules. :sunglasses:

Nearly Thursday which mean’s it’s nearly Friday which is fantastic.

Hope you all have a lovely evening :kissing_closed_eyes:

I feel moderately down, got a long drive (night time with Yo La Tango keeping company) which might be nice.

Anxious bout the next few dayssssss, busy stuff going down

2 Likes

@Avery, it’s your time to shine!

2 Likes

The aircon on these trains stops working when the outside temperature gets above around 18 degrees. It’s quite uncomfortable.

Hey Gnomey. Trust you had a good day. Mine was terrible, but it’s over now.

Baby is fed, about to be bathed and then bedded. Not too sure what’s for tea, probably need an Aldi trip tbh. Thought the tele was broke, no response on the old remote. Managed to get it sorted. Could have been a total disaster

2 Likes

evening DiS! Slow day WFH, think everyone mostly slacking off this week due to the holiday on Monday. Fine by me! Hope everyone is doing well. Going to listen to Springsteen on the back of the HGATR thread.

2 Likes

Have a hug :hugs: I’m afraid it’s only virtual but it’s real in my heart!

1 Like

The actual, real life reason this has been posted so early is that that that gnome went out and treated us to some tender-stem broccles about a week ago. They have an arbitrary best before of last Saturday, but look fine. We’ve got leftover veggie lasagne for dinner. Now, that gnome has options about food. oooh, I should add that she wants us to have them tossed in fried garlic and chilli and olive oil, which sounds very sensible. She’s under the impression that our veggie lasagne is too flavoursome to for the broccles to be able to stand out and she’d rather eat them as part of a less flavoursome main. We’ve got green beans and can always add peas as needed. So…

Should we have the tender-stem broccles as part of our dinner this evening?

• Yeah you should!
  • That tossed broccle dish sounds like the perfect side for a veggie lasagne, as it happens
  • @gnometorious is absolutely correct. Those broccoles need to be the star of the show
  • Broccles? really? you’re an actual grownup person, why can’t you use real words?
  • you know what those broccoles would go really nicely with?
  • Mackerel frittata ooooh and add peas
  • Sides are never the star of the show, regardless of the content of either the main or the side. were the side the star, the side would be promoted to the main and the main would be a bit disappointed and have to try harder next time. we still love you though, original main.
  • Have the broccoles for dinner tomorrow
  • aaaah, but tomorrow we’ll have the final portion of lasagne, which we could freeze, but we already need to make space in the freezer as it is, so that would go against your ambitions to empty the freezers and this information really should have come before the poll.
  • Have green beans and enter into a risky waiting game on the broccoles, as you might not be cooking again until Sunday.
  • I’m not reading any of this, you colossal twerp.

0 voters

I’m now hoping no one at work (not in tomorrow) checks my desktop and sees the screenshot I took of the mac clock saying 12:34:56 entitled “James’ historical screenshot for future generations.png”

At work until 9, but the nephew has just messaged me with a list of bands he wants to see at Slam Dunk, and has asked me who I want to see. So I’m planning that instead of work.

Just found out that three of his friends are going now, which is great for him, but awkward for me.

Hi Gnomesy! Had a good, if sweaty, day doing some jobs around the house and in the garden. Also, 6lb down since last Monday so I’m happy. Might watch a bit of TV and relax now I think.

4 Likes

I mean I could have stepped in, but i seem to remember running away giggling at the thought of letting evening threads run amok

1 Like

in honour of the big man’s thread today

2 Likes

Fucking state of this. Apparently despite demanding i pit it to a poll, decisions had already been made and I’ve waited my precious time and yours too. I’m very sorry. I’ve let it slide though as i was presented with a very cheery rowing dance by way of a distraction and

Really like broccles. The veg and the nickname. Gonna add that to my vocab if you don’t mind
Good name for a dog, as well
BROCCLES, HERE BOY

4 Likes

HOLD ON WHAT THREAD

1 Like

awesome rendition man!

1 Like

Had a cheesy chip cob

4 Likes

Well done! That’s a really good start :muscle:

1 Like

Happy to be of service. I look forward a time when Broccoles is a good doggo in all our lives

1 Like