I believe a kid has cut a tree down somewhere...

Shitty thing to do. Trees are cool. Not a fan of senseless stuff like that.

Reaction seems a bit OTT for me, though. Tonnes of almost reverse-boomer shite on social media.

Can’t put my finger on it exactly, but a sort of rabid “throw away the key” mentality from people who are normally very quick to point to societal root causes for people doing illegal things.

I’ll probably mute this.

5 Likes

was just thinking about this, and was thinking that really, I couldn’t give a fuck about that tree. let him cut down more if he likes it so much.

1 Like

Thunderbirds.gif

9 Likes

looks better without imo

It would be pretty cool if as punishment he had to spend a week with some lumberjacks and it became a real vocation for him.

6 Likes

If it was so good why hadn’t it done anything notable for over 30 years?

19 Likes

Yeah its a weird combination of shitty thing to do and can see why people are upset, but on the other hand it doesn’t matter does it, just a tree.

If someone told me they had a favourite tree I’d probably back out of the room very slowly.

1 Like

Hollywood ageism

7 Likes

if a fucking tree on a hill is up there with the best britain can offer, sights and heritage wise, just give up the ghost imo.

6 Likes

It kind of does matter I think, but I don’t think a child making a mistake is sub-human scum.

If we say it doesn’t matter then does any non-living thing matter?

2 Likes

If I should die, think only this of me:
That there’s

That is for ever England

4 Likes

just read a tree surgeon describing the cut as ‘professional’ and better than what he’d be capable of.

3 Likes

He might be the next George Washington.

1 Like

had to have a tree cut down in my garden because my neighbours were complaining and I still feel guilty about it

1 Like

Had it been in any films?

1 Like

probably in the background of a selfie thread or two

9 Likes

stupid poem imo.

so if he dies, he only wants his loved ones to think about the burial site, not the good times, good things about his character and what a great loved one he was.

1 Like

I felt quite sad when I saw the news even though before that I’d never heard of the tree. Just think there’s something beautiful about living things that predate all of us and it’s a bit of a shame

Kind of admire the kid who did it though, hope he doesn’t have his life ruined

8 Likes

Somewhere custard is too hot,
Somewhere custard is too cold,
A thief throws an empty purse into a river,
England.

6 Likes