I created a new system to rank songs according to quality instead of sales

What do you think? Does it make sense to you?

Let’s see what the DiS community think of these four songs!

Lil Nas X - Old Town Road ft. Billy Ray Cyrus

0 voters

Pharrell Williams - Happy

0 voters

Dirty Loops - Next To You

0 voters

Vijay Iyer - Historicity

0 voters

Didn’t listen to this one so just going off his face in the vid

1 Like

It gets worse

7 Likes

that bass is a mess, not a good colour for the body and why is there like a strip of velcro or something on the first fret?

2 Likes

Don’t some people wrap fabric around to get a muting effect, like lazy palm muting?

1 Like

oh right that could be it, that’s interesting! Can’t imagine you have much control of the dynamics there though

Yeah it’s been a while since I was a nerdy guitar mag reader but I dimly remember it was a thing? Like you say it can’t sound great

if they do any tapping it can be to mute open strings and whatnot as well. palm muting on bass doesn’t really work that great either.

1 Like

sorry pietro but this seems kind of elitist. it’s all subjective, one man’s treasure is another man’s trash.

It doesn’t create a muted sound when it’s behind the nut but it cuts down on unplayed strings ringing out. It’s more of an issue on bass because of the lower frequencies.

I don’t use one.

1 Like

6 Likes

here he is, mr bass

1 Like

3 Likes

Any relation to @MissBass?

that’s dr. ba- … oh never mind

Yes music is all subjective at the end but I think there are a lot of songs having way too much visibility than they deserve

I agree! I can’t believe that Dirty Loops song has over a million views.

1 Like

I think that’s down to that song clearly having five stars for emotional and five stars for skills. You definitely need at least one million views for that.