I feel like you don't see Golden Delicious apples anymore

When I was a kid these were the options imo:

• Granny Smith
  • Golden Delicious
  • Red

Now you’ve got your Galas, your fuckin’ Pink Ladies.

Respond below with your thoughts.

2 Likes

Good riddance

10 Likes

^this

Jazz of gtfo

1 Like

from panic buying?

1 Like

Don’t mind any apples but when you get a wooly one. URGH

1 Like

Golden Delicious were too soft. Shite.

5 Likes

Golden Delicious were fine ‘n’ all, I toook some much umbrage with Red Delicious, you wouldn’t know. I swear, water tastes more interesting than they did. And you can fookin’ well order me a punnet of Russets while you’re at it.

RIP Golden Delicious. No flowers.

Worst of the apples. Granny Smith was the GBOL for whacking in a cheddar and apple sandwich.

1 Like

Pink ladies are the best

5 Likes

I didn’t realise they were called Red Delicious. Shit texture, too shiny, no taste, bruised all the time. Fuck off.

2 Likes

13cace6e90d8e0b9aa099e2fcc9a0d2c

2 Likes

Don’t think I’ve ever had one because they’re expensive. The colour is beautiful. Might go to Asda now and get some. If there is any.

1 Like

Panic buyers at it again

1 Like

Also shout out to Discovery and if they ever manage to get enough trees, the Raspberry Ripple.

Used to be Granny Smith’s (YES), GDs (meh) and Cox’s (ugh)

1 Like

I vaguely recall Golden Delicious being boycotted in the 80s because a lot of them came from South Africa. Could be wrong through.

1 Like

What’re those red shiny ones that have the taste & texture of mould even when they’re fresh, plus that awful curly waxpaper skin - Braeburns, mibbe? God, I hated those as a kid…

Edit: googled Braeburns and they’re not the guilty party, so i googled ‘red uk apple’ and got nowt but adverts for Bono-branded consumer electronics. FFS, world

Red Delicious look like the culprit, but I’m sure they weren’t called that when I were a lad