I get it!

eggs

I really don’t like this expression. I think because tends to be used to mean “I’m right about this” when really it’s just a different opinion.

If you feel like having a whinge, whinge away.

I get it!

I don’t get it

you mean when it’s used in a “I get it but…” kind of way.

My ex colleague used to say that a lot. Reach out too. I’m meeting him for lunch in a couple of weeks.

↑ doesn’t get it

This could just turn into slagging off the things that people say in work, which I’m fine with.

“Going forward” WHAT OTHER DIRECTION IN TIME WERE YOU THINKING THAT WE MIGHT GO IN?!?!?!

Business lunch or pleasure* lunch?

*this doesn’t sound correct, what’s the normal term for a non-business lunch? Just “lunch”? “Business lunch or lunch?” would sound weird too though.

The thread didn’t start as planned but we are where we are and with some blue sky thinking we can still run it up the flagpole and see if anyone salutes

Any more ideas you could ping us, ma0sm?

Have you ever been in a situation in which someone says salute like that? :smiley:

If not we could park this for the time being.

Social(?) lunch. It will be non-business although we will talk about my current business and his ex-business (ie slag people off).

Let’s take this offline

Looking ahead, the future plan is to go forward.

Social sounds okay.

I honestly don’t get the OP, sorry.

Yeah I have no idea what he’s on about. Only ever heard ‘I get it’ as an equivalent for ‘I understand it’

Stop being mean to foppyish guys, not cool