I GET THAT REFERENCE! Ready Player One is

Does this mean you are watching this?

Sorry, I’m not down with the hip slang.

1 Like

really just here to reiterate what aggpass said but seems like every week someone i know is going ‘man, i went to see Saw 9 last night and it was terrible!!!’ ‘man, i went to see superman vs predator 17 last night - god, it was awful!’

see better films for fuck’s sake. no wonder cinema is in the toilet.

11 Likes

The book is written like a ‘the book of the film’ adaptation, it’s basically a teenage male nerds masturbatory fantasy isn’t it?

Can’t wait for the disappointed shock when jurassic world 2: the lost park turns out to be not a very good film

2 Likes

I find going to the cinema generally pleasurable regardless of the quality of the film so don’t mind going to see something which might turn out to be shite

i’ve heard that there’s a new, particularly deadly breed of park in this one!

2 Likes

i don’t get this at all. do you like going out to restaurants even if the food is bad?

1 Like

Or see what you like

I’ve heard that the film is better than the book, but I have no desire to see the film because I found the book to be terrible. Clunkily written, with cheap references thrown in to excuse a thinly-veiled MRA-lite plot.

1 Like

sometimes

think films like these are different though cos they’re still a big a monoculture spectacle and it can be nice to talk to other people about how bad it was

sort of like how everyone in the footy threads still watches chelsea - man u or whatever boring match between 2 boring teams that nobody has any expectations of and then posts toilet emojis

I can confirm I will NOT be watching this film. I hope this post has been informative.

2 Likes

I’m perfectly happy to tell everyone how bad ready player one is without having to sit through it

4 Likes

might also be character building

didn’t even know it was directed by him

Being in a nice restaurant can still be enjoyable even if your food isn’t amazing.

I enjoy just being in the dark and switching off from the outaude world for two hours.

It’s also very rare that I see a film with zero merit.

1 Like

Hate it on the basis that the marketing used my beloved Iron Giant as part of its gatekeeping neckbeard bullshit.

1 Like

I blame Stranger Than Things.

3 Likes

It’s got almost universal acclaim. Why wouldn’t you see such a well reviewed film?

:frog:

1 Like

The frog of acceptance?