I hate rolling threads (rolling)

Some of them make sense, but if I see / want to see a film / TV show…

Fuck joining a rolling thread. New thread innit.

I want to talk to people about that thing, not the general concept of the supercategory.

Why what for?

3 Likes

Yeah they’re fucking shit aren’t they.

2 Likes

They’re so unwelcoming as a concept

I think the fact we have sub-boards now mean people should just make a thread about the thing. The ones about Dune and The Matrix are real good

1 Like

1 Like

ma0sm: starts new thread about film.
someone else: HACTUALLY WE TALKED ABOUT THAT FILM IN THE FILM CLUB THREAD YESTERDAY

1 Like

You know what HFR? I was so excited to read that Dune thread seeing it had so many replies. It made me want to watch the Dune film more.

And you know what? I did watch the Dune film and then I got to read the thread.

and.

It was.

G L O R I O U S.

2 Likes

Haven’t read the Matrix one yet, but will once The Matrix 4 is out and I watch it I think.

Only five more sleeps!

the politics ones are the worst i think

start a new thread when a new thing happens ffs

2 Likes

oh shit, is it that soon!?

See the things you miss out on when you don’t open threads?

December 22nd, baby!

That is very soon, might have to watch the first Matrix films first to remind myself about them and the 90s

don’t really mind

Watch the other ones as well to remind yourself about them being good, actually and then watch Bound and Speed Racer and Cloud Atlas and Jupiter Ascending

Sexy film, right?

Green screen film, right?

Awful version of the book, right?

Don’t know this one

Alright, partner, gotta keep on rollin’, baby, you know what time it is (rollin’)

• A thread about knowing the time
  • A thread about rolling smokes
  • A thread about cars
  • A thread about cowpeople
  • A thread about instances where people address someone as baby
  • A thread about instances in songs where people tell people that they know something

0 voters

Bound - Sexy but also a very tight, inventive thriller
Speed Racer - Yeah, green screen wackiness
Cloud Atlas - Haven’t read the book, the film is earnest and wonderful and messy and absolutely fucking wild
Jupiter Ascending - It’s bad but in a really great way (and not in a “hahaha, so bad it’s good The Room lol” way, more of a “what the fuck is going on here!?” way)

1 Like

said this in another thread but it’s nice when you post something in, say for e.g., the rolling horror thread, and a few weeks/months later someone replies to it and adds their thoughts

They could do that with an individual thread but they’d have to search for it first.

Put another dime in the jukebox baby

2 Likes