I have a fan that stops making wind

It’s an oddity. Here’s a video:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtOyardg5fi/

So at some point that isn’t clear it will just stop blowing air directly in front and you get the tiniest bit of breeze coming out on the right. The air doesn’t start blowing out the back too.

What’s odder (you can see this in the video) if you stop it and then start it again it will correct.

I’m trying to work out what the cause could be.

@epimer might like this conundrum.

2 Likes

Ghosts

9 Likes

not the answer I was expecting but probably the answer I deserve.

I had it pointing at my face at maximum speed yesterday as it was about 37C in my office room at home and suddenly realised I was getting no air at all. Freaked me out.

im a big fan of your threads

6 Likes

How does it smell?

1 Like

It does not smell.

1 Like

can’t help you then, sorry

4 Likes

Early smiths song titles etc etc

6 Likes

You think the blade turns itself around automatically when I stop it and then start it again? And then flips back mid spin?

I would suscribe to your youtube channel theo, make it happen.

1 Like

it’s the only logical explanation

2 Likes

Fill yr boots

2 Likes

You need to get this prime fan content up there, any computer gear videos as well. Suggested video: how to change a PCI card

1 Like

Can’t help you with your fannage but that shuffle clip really should be trending.

1 Like

Oh sorry, I actually assumed you were adding in another comic post.

Nah, there’s nothing like that going on. I mean there must be some kind of physical change I think but I can’t work out what it actually is.

1 Like

Regrettably Google searching for ‘a fan hitting a bowl of rice’ brings up loads of baseball videos.

1 Like

Is it going backwards? Sucking air in?

what you’ve got there is a fan that stops time

3 Likes

Unless there’s another way to check this?

Think its probably broken

6 Likes