I have never knowingly heard a song by...

Adding a rule that you have to listen to the first song that gets posted in reply (of the band mentioned, naturally)

I listened to the Grateful Dead song posted by @anon19035908. It was ok, but had a slightly annoying ā€˜twanginessā€™ to it.

2 Likes

Ed Sheeran - though perilously I keep seeing his (fucking) face on the screens at the gym. Luckily have always had earphones in though.

1 Like

The Residents

2 Likes

Garth Crooks
Garth Brooks

Garth Prooks?

1 Like

Nah I have the EP he released on Rabid Badger

1 Like

Iā€™ve missed you x

1 Like

When this all blows over you and I should take a barge holiday.

1 Like

Glad you enjoyed, now check out the rest of their catalog and get back to us in a couple of years. :laughing:

The Dead are probably my favorite band of all time. While I enjoy the majority of their studio albums, they are most in their element in the live setting (imo the greatest live band of all time). Try this record on for size if you fancy. SBD recordings of their first tour throughout Europe. They do have a folky, americana sound but Jerryā€™s voice and playing really shine on this record.

1 Like

Frank Zappa

2 Likes

Thought this was hilarous when I was ten. Never seen the need to investigate further.

Start here please.

2 Likes

I hadnā€™t heard Zappa until about 3 weeks ago when I decided to rectify that and listened to Hot Rats, Freak Out and another one I forget which. Listened to Captain Beefheart for the first time as well.

Also try and do this with albums - only listened to Oxygene for the first time a few weeks ago (itā€™s ace!).

1 Like

What did you think of Zappa and the Beef? Two of my all timers. Beefheart prominent on ā€˜Hot Ratsā€™.

Didnā€™t have much Beefheart on Tidal so I just ended up listening to a compilation. So not sure how representative it was - seemed like fairly standard blues albeit with his unique voice and style. Only person I could think of to compare him to is Tom Waits. Blues isnā€™t really my thing but am going to explore more as I think my partner would really like him.

Zappa is fascinating but didnā€™t really engage me. Iā€™m sure there is stuff in his catalogue Iā€™d love but yeah i found it interesting but so scatter shot in styles that it all felt pretty disjointed.

1 Like

Hot rats is ace

2 Likes

A wonderful song from a beautiful album.

Sugar MagnoliašŸ˜

2 Likes