I hear the BBC is racist now, father

so ruddy bloody balanced

1 Like

Yeah, it’s pretty unambiguous. What is quoted up there are among the tamest things he said. Prick.

Pretty sure Clapton used the defence at the time of how he couldn’t possibly be racist because he liked reggae music.

1 Like

He also ‘defended’ it by saying:

I thought it was quite funny actually. I don’t know much about politics. I don’t even know if it would be good or bad for him to get in. I don’t even know who the Prime Minister is now. I just don’t know what came over me that night. It must have been something that happened in the day but it came out in this garbled thing… I thought the whole thing was like Monty Python. There’s this rock group playing on-stage and the singer starts talking about politics. It’s so stupid. Those people who paid their money sittin’ listening to this madman dribbling on and the band meanwhile getting fidgety thinking ‘oh dear’.

Yeah, really funny

1 Like

More like Eric Full-of-Crapton.

3 Likes

if that were true it would probably make him even more of a prick

Further to what @SenorDingDong @geoff have said …their replaying this speech comes in the context of a wave of recent Hostile Environments action from the Govt targeting African & Caribbean Commonwealth immigrants who came to Britain at that time and have lived almost their entire lives in the UK

There’s been loads of articles like this in the last few weeks

Hilarious.

More;

Looking forward to the Skrewdriver 6 music documentary

Can someone bring a radio to Fenino so we can tune in for the balanced racism?

We’ll just have numbers put it on that open Sonos instead of The Impression That I Get this time.

1 Like

Do you follow ohgood on twitter too?

1 Like

Haha no

@noise_ramones posted this in the U.K. politics thread but it’s probably worth putting in here too

Anger as 'Windrush generation' face deportation threat - BBC News

I’ve always been astounded at how many people of the right believe this myth that the British immigration is some soft touch cuddly system where immigrants get preferential treatment and they let anyone in. It’s so far removed from reality that you wonder what planet some people are on.

The way these people are being treated by a country that - lest we forget - fucking asked them to come here after the war and help make the country run properly again is mean spirited, nasty and utterly shameful.

14 Likes

:thinking:

PMB3C

1 Like