I just dropped my bike in the ocean

I realise that might sound like the set up to a joke thread but it literally just happened to me and it was crazy. Got her back out fairly easy and she’s drying off inside the house overnight instead of out in the shed where it’s freezing. I’m very thankful I’d removed the battery before this happened too.

That’s it, that’s the story

22 Likes

In the grand scheme of things it’s just a dropped bike in the ocean.

6 Likes

omg it was an ebike too? stuff of nightmares hope it’s ok!

also howwww?

Would’ve put the house on this being a Jordan thread.

29 Likes

Honestly thought this was a @jordan_229 thread

Hope your bike recovers from it’s icy dip

9 Likes

Does that make it a pedalo?

6 Likes

Is it a swan bike?

2 Likes

Dare me to drive?

6 Likes

I don’t care, I love it!

9 Likes

you threw a bike in the ocean?!

8 Likes

As my mother used to say, there’s plenty more bikes in the ocean.

15 Likes

Yeah fingers crossed, I mean if they can take rain then surely this shouldn’t kill it!? And yeah the battery did NOT go in the ocean.

As for the how: I was lifting it out of the boat (I take it with me in the boat to another island when I go see my horse pals) and it turns out I hadn’t fastened the ropes properly so the boat with me in it just started sliding away slooooowly before I had been able to properly put the bike on the ground :joy::joy::joy: I was holding up the handlebars while realising there was no way I would be able to stop this from happening.

Luckily it caught ever so slightly in some ropes directly under the surface so I was able to use the boat hook to get it out. Adrenaline pumping all over the place let me tell you

12 Likes

just here waiting for wr reply ngl

2 Likes

That’s what I thought too when I was typing it out, hence the opening disclaimer :joy:

6 Likes

Might need to go in a shed full of rice

17 Likes

My poor girl (the seat is fine I just took it off for drying purposes)

2 Likes

i’d say she’s gonna be just fine

4 Likes

Omg, idyllic shit right here

3 Likes

Well, normally it is

3 Likes

probably less than 100 people have dropped their bike in the ocean in all of human history so well done!