I just heard the new ed sheeran song in the car and it really deserves its own thread

Met Ed Sheeran once behind Manchester Academy

If I ended this sentence with “and I didnt go to university”, this could be a ted sheeran song in itself

ed sheerman is on the radio

(shape of you)

Your updates are helping me a lot

shed eerin

Seared Hen

Ed’s here man!

Ted Sherman

Ned Shearing

ed sheerman is on the radio

(shape of you)

His episode of Desert Island Disks was quite good. He’s pretty open about how indebted he is to Damien Rice, Nizlopi, and a few others. I do think he has a canny ability to understand the music industry and utilise the resources he has to promote himself. There’s a bit where he explains that Radio 1 weren’t giving him much attention so he arranged an all-ages gig on a Saturday afternoon and invited a playlister from Radio 1 along. I think he was gunning from the top from quite early on tbf

Don’t really like this thread - don’t like the personal insults on his looks or whatever…

…but imagine being indebted…to Nizlopi!

Yeah it did feel weird typing that one out

He’s almost right, though the “yet to sign a contract” line offers a glimpse of hope amidst the desperation

aye but the “everything Ed touches turns to gold” line pretty much undermines that entirely

If only he’d tried a little bit harder. Your friend has a lot to answer for.

This is a really popular thread that has rolled on for weeks now. I don’t want to be that guy I do really but could some kind mod please remove the spurious apostrophe in the title? It’s like a physical pain every time I see it.

Thanks!
Love,
An English Teacher

^ wants to be that guy :wink:

THANK GOD ED IS GOING TO SPEAK UP FOR FORGOTTEN AVANT-GARDE CURIOS THE BEATLES