I know that many of you are not even on Messenger, but for those of you who are:

It’s really annoying when people “like” a group message and you get a pop-up with a little thumbs-up emoji. Not sure if there’s a way of muting these without muting an entire conversation.

that thumbs up thing is a bastard. So easy to accidentally press, and then you look like a smug sarcastic cunt.

can I just register my hatred that you can no longer see facebook messages on your phone unless you have shitty messenger installed? load of fucking balls.

Agreed.

It’s such a stupid way of making your site/app work.

You can use the Facebook mobile site

every time you (or maybe it’s just me) click on the messages bit of the mobile site it says “download the messenger app” or some shit, so no, i cannot

you can see them if you request desktop, but WHY SHOULD I

It works for me, weird

https://m.facebook.com/messages

Nope. Messages stopped working on the mobile site for most users about four months ago.

NOT ON ANY OF THE THINGS TALKED ABOUT ON THIS THREAD BECAUSE I AM SPECIAL.

Wonder why Facebook spared me, maybe because I use the mobile site way more than the app

I haven’t used the app for about five years. I always found the mobile site more functional.

On the subject of Facebook and messenger and the like thumbs up, why does it not match the design of the traditional Facebook like thumbs up?

Yeah much prefer it, need to be able to click refresh and to go straight to bookmarked actual people feed rather than George takai and fact magazine posts that the algorithms want me to see

but the Messenger app is easier to use

or months later when you’re trying to take a screenshot:

Not even on Facebook mate

sleeping in a stable mate?

Set your browser to request desktop site then go to FB and view all messages. It’s not perfect but it works.