I know that many of you are not even on Messenger, but for those of you who are:

It’s really annoying when people “like” a group message and you get a pop-up with a little thumbs-up emoji. Not sure if there’s a way of muting these without muting an entire conversation.

that thumbs up thing is a bastard. So easy to accidentally press, and then you look like a smug sarcastic cunt.

1 Like

can I just register my hatred that you can no longer see facebook messages on your phone unless you have shitty messenger installed? load of fucking balls.

4 Likes

Agreed.

It’s such a stupid way of making your site/app work.

every time you (or maybe it’s just me) click on the messages bit of the mobile site it says “download the messenger app” or some shit, so no, i cannot

you can see them if you request desktop, but WHY SHOULD I

Nope. Messages stopped working on the mobile site for most users about four months ago.

1 Like

NOT ON ANY OF THE THINGS TALKED ABOUT ON THIS THREAD BECAUSE I AM SPECIAL.

I haven’t used the app for about five years. I always found the mobile site more functional.

1 Like

but the Messenger app is easier to use

or months later when you’re trying to take a screenshot:

2 Likes

Not even on Facebook mate

1 Like

sleeping in a stable mate?

1 Like

Set your browser to request desktop site then go to FB and view all messages. It’s not perfect but it works.

I’ve pressed this so many times when I’m just in a rush or baby is crying and I and pick up my phone and start mashing it without realising, keep doing it to an ex and then I did it to my cousin in response to her saying my Aunty is in lots of pain during her chemo :confused:

:+1:

2 Likes

Massively over engineered to also run SMS and phone calls, which isn’t something FB should have a hand in, IMO.

Accidentally sending a thumbs up = annoying
Accidentally ringing someone via the app = mortifying (esp as it makes a really loud dialling sound)

Keeps happening to me :confused:

2 Likes

There’s this one guy who keeps liking everything I post on a particular group message. So annoying! Should I call him out on it?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

1 Like