I might start pickling things

Anyone into pickling?

Is this foods only?

All right Damian Hirst

2 Likes

I’d like to make my own kimchi

3 Likes

Been on my to-do list for fucken ages. Seen how much you get in them little jars in Sainsbos? Fuck all, for like £3.

1 Like

Don’t you fucking DARE

1 Like

Watched a video the other night of how to make it, seems hard work. Also I’ve never eaten kimchi but looked right up my street.

@grievoustim going off his Instagram

1 Like

Pickled red onions anD bread and butter pickles are my lockdown achievements :ok_hand:

Saw this thing once where some girl was into pickling and her gut bacteria was greatly superior to that of her peers

stop pickling your nose :laughing:

2 Likes

Love pickling. Anything that involves a small amount of work then doing fuck all for ages and yet somehow gets results is grand for me.

Fermenting is more of a hassle as you’re always worried whether it’s really fermenting or just slowly rotting. I’ve got some spicy sauerkraut on the go at the minute though that is bloody lovely.

2 Likes

Pickled beetroot is top tier foodstuff. Fermenting is also ace.

1 Like

Saurkraut hotsauce plZ?

1 Like

Pickled ant

Can recommend home kimchi making, it’s pretty forgiving, and it’s a broad church in terms of ingredients.

For hot vinegar type pickles, red onions are great, you end up with a spectacular colour.

I’ve been giving some thought to saucifying it. Or just selling it as is. Might blend some down, see how it goes.

1 Like

What if someone pickled those crisps?

Yeah i pickled pineapple with chilli

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBvnofjFolE/?igshid=1on86ys2h2wo4

Tried to find this thread at the time but the search function failed me

5 Likes

I have but only inside a Manchester Egg, not naked.