I once bought a bad...

this surprises me. what parts in particular are causing this level of reaction?

It was just quite meandering and Iā€™m not even a fan of coffee so it was a waste of time, really. Your post quality is normally very, very high so Iā€™m willing to overlook it, just this once.

hmmm, seeing as how you hate coffee with so much of an almost enviable level of passion, do you think that if you replaced every word, ā€œcoffeeā€ with something you actually are a fan of, youā€™d experience less regret in reading that post? I Like to offer more support, but as you would tell from how i ended that post, Iā€™ve no idea why I was typing that, now, nor by the end of of typing it.

Iā€™m not sure. Why donā€™t you try it in a thread over the next month or so and weā€™ll see what my reaction is. If weā€™re talking about ingredients, then Iā€™m mainly into the following: tea, garlic, ginger, chocolate and cake.

1 Like

This is interesting. It had never occurred to me that there might be any variation in quality in these. I always thought they were one of those presents you get once, go ā€œyum!ā€, then people get them for you every year and you get fed up with them. This is what happened to me anyway.

My Christmas chocolate covered coffee beans are in a tin, since we had a mouse, so Iā€™ll probably never eat them now.

I can, however, heartily recommend feeding them to small children. Very funny.

1 Like

Bad Sandwich (A triptych)

I too was flabbergasted to discover there was such a thing as a not very good chocolate covered coffee bean, (btw, @AQOS, if youā€™re reading this post, Iā€™d stop. youā€™ll only regret it otherwise.). Everything about them checks out. Theyā€™re in date, the chocolate is nice enough, the packaging, while opened, looked sufficient and I know for a fact they were disappointing from the off. I think it might have just been a bad batch ā€˜oā€™ beans. I canā€™t think what else to attribute it to. Iā€™ll finish them though. Iā€™d hate them to go to waste.

Not sure Iā€™m prepared to feed them to kids, but am intrigued to see, either footage of, or from a safe distance, what happens.

1 Like

My mum brought 1kg of bad lychees from the dodgy fruit and veg guy down the road. Never seen a woman angrier to be Shafted out of a couple of quid

2 Likes

The look on my young cousinā€™s face will never leave me. Iā€™d like to think she just took one without asking, but that seems unlikely. I suspect I just didnā€™t think it through when she asked me for one.

So was it a flavour thing, rather than the reaction? I had an image of a small child being very hyperactive, before having their first ever comedown.

religion 7"

2 Likes

IĀ“ve bought more dodgy fruit and veg from places like east st. market/roman road market than I havenĀ“t. DonĀ“t know why people fetishise them so much.

1 Like

yeah the guy I have been buying avocados from for 12 years gets a bad batch every so often and doesnā€™t bother telling me when I ask, always says there fine or blames ppl for squeezing them to much

Well she decided to suck it, so she enjoyed it for a whileā€¦

Left myself wide open here havenā€™t I.

1 Like

was pretty tempted to throw that straight in the out of context thread

Well someone probably will. My only hope is the enduring lack of popularity of @anon29812515 threads.

Just giving this thread a little bump to say that today, the 31st day past the 1st of March, I managed to complete my wife given task of eating that box of not very good chocolate covered coffee beans. You see, even though they werenā€™t very good, I did freely chose to persevere with them, which led to their current, very recently updated state of all gone.

4 Likes

May I say on behalf of all of Drowned In Sound, congratulations on a magnificent achievement. We all knew you could do it, and weā€™re proud to call you one of our own.

Please give a round of applause to Avery

2 Likes

Thank you. it means a lot to see a whole forum on their feet, cheering, waving flags with pictures of my face on, spilling small amounts of drinks, but not not enough to care, singing my name, performing rounds and rounds and rounds of applause, even taking some vicarious levels of pride in this, taking tomorrow off work as they know theyā€™ll need at least a day to recover, singing different songs with my name, smiling like theyā€™ve not smiled all day long, forgetting why they even started cheering in the first place, then being reminded by someone at the back and starting it all again. It really does make it so much more worth while.

5 Likes