I think liking a post should take more effort

There shud be a way to like a post insincerely

2 Likes

no thatā€™s a terrible idea

You say that now but what if some of your likes are ironic and you donā€™t realise :hushed:

there should be a like button and a ā€œlikeā€ button.

Iā€™ve never ever liked anything ironically in my internet or real life.

I feel like just by raising this Iā€™ve put many of my likes under suspicion

Iā€™m not ready to doubt you just yet

Iā€™ve always liked yr posts sincerely. Speaking of which are we getting any new music from the bam soon?

thereā€™s already a new album!

https://community.drownedinsound.com/t/new-bamnan-album-keep-knocking/

unless you meant MORE new stuff, in which caseā€¦gimme a break this was only a week ago! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nah.
Getting a like is sometimes the only bit of happiness I get some days. Makes my heart skip a beat, so it does.

6 Likes

Always happy to honour your great posting from the bottom of my heart, all truth x

2 Likes

I could get by limited to ten, no danger.

1 Like

This post made me think of this ABSOLUTE BANGER.

1 Like

There already is a daily limit on ā€˜likesā€™ I thought.

Itā€™s one of the reasons why I donā€™t dish them out - itā€™s a stupid, arbitrary cap.

(the other is that I prefer to reply personally when agreeing with someone, and donā€™t like the way that ā€˜likesā€™ are used to end conversations passive-aggressively)

never seen them used to end a conversation passive aggressively and being nice to people isnā€™t stupid arbitrary crap.

The former happens quite a lot. And youā€™ve mis-read what I typed: ā€˜capā€™ not ā€˜crapā€™.

1 Like

ah, genuine apologies there! Youā€™re 100% right, misread that completely :flushed:

Iā€™ll keep an eye out for the passive-aggressiveness but I tend to read everyone here as nice and well-meaning.

Ha, no worries. The cap acts against the genuine nature of ā€˜likesā€™. When the site started and I bumped up against it, I got really anxious that people would be able to see me liking some posts, but not others, and so I decided to not really like posts anymore, and reply instead.

I think thatā€™s me overthinking it, but it honestly caused me to stress out a little too.

Iā€™ve seen the odd situation where someone likes every post in an entire thread but I assume theyā€™re just doing a bit.