I will NOT listen to your voice note - A deceitful thread from the still extremely respected user: @The_Respected_User

I just refuse to listen to voice notes

2023, no voice notes, Tone out

EDIT: This thread has been revealed as a barrel of lies but it’s important to remember that @The_Respected_User is still a fantastic guy who we all love

22 Likes

you ever said please leave the message after the Tone? (meaning you)

14 Likes

No I ain’t

I’m more into voice notes than ever before tbh

4 Likes

You’re a chump

2 Likes

That’s beside the point

4 Likes

I think if you made a voicemail message something like ‘‘Please don’t leave a message after, for Tone’’ it might have 5-10% success in deferring genuine voice messages being left on your phone.

2 Likes

Anita Rani could leave me a voice note promising me the night of my life, a lifetime supply of Riesen Chocolate Chews and £2500 and I’d miss it as i WILL NOT LISTEN TO VOICE NOTES

10 Likes

How does your face feel without that pesky nose getting into the way

A noice vote

4 Likes
5 Likes

Couldn’t agree more, awful things. I Will listen though but not respond in kind

3 Likes

Pardon?

I like voice notes, they’re convenient to send and receive

11 Likes

My WhatsApp status says “I do not listen to voice messages”. People still send them. I’d honestly rather they just called, and I hate getting phone calls.

2 Likes

get with the game Tone

Love how every voice note takes about 5/6 goes to not hate the sound of your own voice, or just come out with pure confusion.

3 Likes

Used to feel like I had to respond to a voice note with a voice note, then I’d take ages to reply because I’d have to wait until I was alone in a suitable place, then take two or three attempts to record it before I’m in any way happy with it.

Have since decided to fuck that off and just text back. It’s a very weird way to conduct a conversation, using two different forms of communication throughout, but it gets the job done.

2 Likes

Oh yeah

The trick is to play them fast, gamechanger for me, refuse to listen on 1x speed

2 Likes