Ice Breakers - Team Awayday

Have got to come up with an ice breaker session for a team awayday at work. Needs to be about 10-15 mins long.

Any suggestions or anecdotes about some you have experienced gratefully received.

3 Likes

‘3 most embarrassing places you’ve ever farted’ but one is lie.

4 Likes

Group into teams, give everyone a bag of spaghetti and (vegan?) marshmallows, give a prize to the team who built the highest structure that stood standing.

Group into teams, give everyone a box of 2x4 lego bricks, see which team can build the lowest bridge that doesn’t collapse and a member of their team can fit under.

We’ve got similar planned for the afternoon session but I need to come up with a shorter idea for the morning.

Sorry seeing the the words “ice breaker” and “away day” together have just caused me to kill myself.

12 Likes

Last time I had to endure the “share something interesting about yourself one”, about seven people said “I’ve been scuba diving”.

You’d think after the sixth one they’d realise that that’s not interesting.

8 Likes

Absolutely. There’s several other words I could add that would be similar to a public sector version of bird box.

You should have said ‘I’ve NEVER of been scuba diving’

1 Like

Oh I’ve been there. Done the interesting fact thing so many times at the last event I could only come up with the fact I have no middle name. That was a dark day.

3 Likes

Get an enormous block of ice and some pick-axes.

“I’ve got a terrible phobia of scuba divers”

3 Likes

Alright, @saps

4 Likes

Once many years ago in a tutorial group we were meant to share our hobbies as an ice breaker. I was 18 and my hobbies were binge drinking so I panicked and said I played the piano. Some total prick beside me immediately started asking what pieces I liked to play. :woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

I’ll bring the thermoses.

Chinese Whisper* pictionary. picture at one end of the room only seen by one person. have to pass information down a chain of 3-4 people to the artist at the other end who based on the information they get has to draw it.

it’s pretty funny

*Is “Chinese Whisper” an acceptable term nowdays?

At my last one we did pictionary about things the team had done in the last 6 months. One of my colleagues drew (what appeared to be) a pair of tits.

order a giant ice statue. if the team is able to completely disintegrate it within 2 minutes using the icepicks provided, they get to go home

1 Like

get people to have a Brexit chat and they’ll be talking for ages.